87' giants jersey *WORK IN PROGRESS*

timay

Couple of critiques:

--Colors and pattern for sleeve striping are wrong. Do yourself a favor and look for a photo of a game-worn Giants jersey from the 1983-93 era to see what I'm talking about. The same striping colors/pattern is repeated down the pant legs.

--Script looks absolutely too dark. Again, compare what you're doing to a photo of what was actually worn for a game.

--Can't see the cap logo, but the Giants used a different one for the 1983-93 era than they do now. It was a bit more square and didn't have the Pirate-style serifs.

--The Giants used black undershirts when they wore these uniforms, not the white ones you're showing.

Good start otherwise...

Stuff from the '83-'93 era:

'Giants' in black and orange on a black stitched baseball

(San Francisco Giants Primary used from 1983 until 1993)

SF_2412.gif

(Road) A black and orange interlocking 'SF' on orange

(San Francisco Giants Script used from 1983 until 1993)

SF_2413.gif

An orange interlocking 'SF' on black

(San Francisco Giants Cap used from 1983 until 1993)

SF_2414.gif

Couple of critiques:

--Colors and pattern for sleeve striping are wrong. Do yourself a favor and look for a photo of a game-worn Giants jersey from the 1983-93 era to see what I'm talking about. The same striping colors/pattern is repeated down the pant legs.

--Script looks absolutely too dark. Again, compare what you're doing to a photo of what was actually worn for a game.

--Can't see the cap logo, but the Giants used a different one for the 1983-93 era than they do now. It was a bit more square and didn't have the Pirate-style serifs.

--The Giants used black undershirts when they wore these uniforms, not the white ones you're showing.

Good start otherwise...

Ditto, except the stripes on the uniform make the whole uniform look bad.

• 3 weeks later...

hey timay, what happened to your 87 giants mod? i was looking forward to using it, thanks-d

i still have the unis in my computer, i was fed up with trying to fix the unis...so i gave up for a while then my good computer hit the shitter...i will release them when i finish the drays uni.

Archived