Saitek P880

tks

Wondering if there any Saitek P880 gamepad users out there :?:

Just replaced the Logitec Dual Action with the P880 and it seems to be much more reliable...but I'm still learning some of the configurations and could use some help.

I used the typical installation not the advanced format...(want to first get familiar with the overall operation).

If anyone can help....I have a couple questions.

#1....Dual Action allowed you (built into the gamepad) to go to the options menu in MVP 2004 while playing a game by using button 9 which allowed you to make changes and/or quit. I know you can also get to the options menu by hitting "esc" on the keyboard.....but is there a way to program the P880 to get to the options menu?

#2....The P880 has a "shift" button allowing the user to double the controls available....Is the shift button active with the "typical" install or must you have the "advanced " mode installed to operate the shift button?

So far, I think it is more reliable than the Dual Action and a very good gamepad for MVP 2004.

Sure would appreciate any help from Seitek users.

I've got a P880, but I didn't do any of my configuration in the game, I edited all of the button settings directly in the controller.cfg file.

:)

Well, I'm about to enter dangerous territory.....Going into the "controller.cfg" file and see what I can re-program :!: :shock:

This really is dangerous territory for me since I don't have a clue on what I'm doing. :lol:

I have done some sound wav editing in other sims so I know the risk involved but what the heck.....Have to learn sometime.

Gonna use the Dual Action file as a guide.....and I sure as heck am going to make a back-up copy before I change anything.....Very wise decision on my part, don't you think? ;)

If you hear some frantic screaming in the distance you'll know where it is coming from!

snepp....

I do have one question before I get into this editing business.

I want to use the "shift" button which allows me more buttons to use.....

Example.... I want to make the "charge mound" option to be activated by first hitting "shift + 6 button".....How should my code read???

VPAD_CHARGE_MOUND= ? ? ? :?

Thanks in advance....and I'll try to leave you alone after this.

I have no clue about the shift button, I have never used it.

So, if you figure it out, you can come tell me! :D

Well, now....That isn't exactly what I wanted to hear. :lol:

So I may as well jump in and try.....Hmmm, maybe tomorrow... after I had time to think about it and who knows.....

Possibly someone will come to my rescue in the meantime.

I may just try the obvious...."VPAD_CHARGE_MOUND= shift+ button 6"

Nah......That would be toooo simple.

I've got a P880, but I didn't do any of my configuration in the game, I edited all of the button settings directly in the controller.cfg file.

:)

I finally got mt P880 to match the game configuration...I continually went into the "conroller.cfg" and change the button config. to match the pitch type, etc. but it never seemed to work when going into the game.

Finally I just went into the controller cfg. file and deleted the P880 profile and walla.......the P880 works like a charm.

Now there is no P880 profile in the controller. cfg. folder, only keyboard profiles......

I don't really understand it....but the P880 works...so I'm not complaining.

The manual tells you what differs from Typical and Advance installation. Advance copies all contents of CD1 and CD2 to your hard disk and it says you don't need the CD2 to play, but I still do, I don't know why. But yea, thats about it. Read the manual if you want more info..

the p880 is a great pad i bought one recently to replace that logitech dual piece of $#@!. the best way under XP to install it is to not use the saitek software at all, but rather just let windows detect it on it's own. this way you can use the red "shift" button in game to pause the game and access the options screen. also when using the right stick while baserunning, up and down on the stick initiates feet first slides, while left and right initiates belly-slides. the same pretty much goes for fielding too. it takes a while but you'll get used to it. left trigger "7" and corresponding base for pick-offs. as far as assigning certain shift buttons i haven't found a need to yet. the only real prob i am having is assigning a button for aiming outside while pitching.

the p880 is a great pad i bought one recently to replace that logitech dual piece of $#@!. the best way under XP to install it is to not use the saitek software at all, but rather just let windows detect it on it's own.

I still use Win98 (SE) and I don't think Windows will detect it but actually I have everything working as it should (as far as I know).....The only exception is (even though the shift button works when not using MVP) I can't get MVP to recognize it. I would like to use it as the "pause" button but I still must use keystroke "esc" for that purpose.

Otherwise everything is fine....Nice gamepad!

I have been playing "assisted" defense but now that everything is working, I switched to "manual" and getting my brains beat in.....Forget to get the outfielders to run and then panic sets in..... and throw to the wrong base or to home after the runner is sitting on the bench!

So Exhibition games only for a while....Dynasty will just have to wait. :lol:

Archived