Florida Marlins Dynasty

TonyP

Marlins Sold To Sports Conglomerate

A group of people comprised of various owners of professional sports franchises other than baseball sealed a deal on Tuesday to purchase the Florida Marlins. Included in this partnership, known as Professional Sports Management, Ltd., are Joe and Gavin Maloof (Sac. Kings, NBA), Dan Snyder (Wash. Redskins, NFL), and Arthur Blank (Atl. Falcons, NFL).

For the time being, the Marlins will play at Dolphins Stadium (formerly known as Pro Player Stadium).

The signing of Carlos Delgado just before the sale took place was actually encouraged by PSM, Ltd., in order to make the team a contender.

"We're committed to building the Marlins into a solid franchise at all levels of baseball, even down in Single-A," Blank was quoted as saying.

However, due to financial restrictions imposed by the previous ownership and built into the sale contract, the new owners may have to get rid of a large portion of the team or face stiff taxes. Dan Snyder said during the press conference, "That will be an issue we'll look at closely. If we can keep the team intact, we will. If we need to make some moves that will be beneficial long-term, that will also happen." When asked if there was any chance the team would be moved, Snyder responded, "Unequivocally, no. This team is in South Florida for the long run."

More news to follow.

I live in Pembroke Pines, which is in Broward County, and I haven't heard anything about this yet, could you please put the source from where you got this from.

I believe that will be a realistic way for him to open up his dynasty in MVP2005...

For that I know of it is false that the Marlins will/have been sold.

They haven't been sold. If they were even talks of selling the team ESPN would have reported that by now.

Its a dynasty. People track their own dynastys like we track our home teams through the articles in our local papers.

There is no sale.

Dynasty logic: Sale=new owners=new stadium=new MVP feature to build a custom stadium.

I set all my dynasties up with characters, and a storyline. The "change of ownership" gives me several ownership characters to quote when a player is traded/cut, along with a storyline to follow if I decide to overhaul the team completely.

I don't have a newspaper name yet, but eventually, the presentation will be very newspaper-ish.

I set all my dynasties up with characters, and a storyline. The "change of ownership" gives me several ownership characters to quote when a player is traded/cut, along with a storyline to follow if I decide to overhaul the team completely.

I don't have a newspaper name yet, but eventually, the presentation will be very newspaper-ish.

EA should have done something like a local and national newspaper, like madden with box scores and the whole 9 yards, that would have been awesome.

McKeon Welcomes Pitchers/Catchers To Camp

Ageless manager Jack McKeon kicked off the spring camps in a brief press conference. He welcomed back all of the media and staff, and announced what the pitching staff would look like.

"Obviously, the big three will start, along with Al. I wouldn't say Ismael is cemented as the fifth starter since he may work some out of the pen. Losing Carl to free agency hurt our staff, but I'm confident we can field a contending pitching unit."

The Marlins added Todd Jones, John Riedling, and a healed Tim Spooneybarger to the 25-man roster over the offseason.

Rotation:

A.J. Burnett

Josh Beckett

Dontrelle Willis

Al Leiter

Ismael Valdez

Bullpen:

Tim Spooneybarger

Todd Jones

John Riedling

Matt Perisho

Antonio Alfonseca

Closer:

Guillermo Mota

Opening Day Starters Announced

Jack McKeon, after today's spring training practice, announced who the position players were who will start on Opening Day 2005. As of now, the battles for bench spots are wide open.

The actual batting order will be released as the season draws near.

P: A.J. Burnett

C: Paul LoDuca

1B: Carlos Delgado

2B: Luis Castillo

3B: Mike Lowell

SS: Alex Gonzalez

LF: Miguel Cabrera

CF: Juan Pierre

RF: Juan Encarnacion

5 utility players will be chosen. Of the five, Jeff Conine, Matt Treanor, Joe Dillon, Damion Easley, and Chris Aguila are the likely chosen ones.

Archived