Thrustmaster Firestorm?

richen245

Is it just me or when i'm running backwards(up on the analog stick) to catch a fly ball the player runs slower then if he was running fowards, left or right?

I know with madden there was something wrong with the calibration when you run diagonal, not sure if i'm just paranoid or it is actually a problem with the gamepad.

There was a solution for this posted on the MaddenMania forums when Madden 2005 came out. Basically, there's several different things you can do. Create a Firestorm profile with Thrustmaster's utility and reduce the size of the square for the left analog stick. Another solution is open up the Gamepad utitliy from the Control Panel and recalibrate the stick. When you recalibrate, don't touch all the corners, just move it in a small circle around the circle. It can be tough to do considering how sensitive it can be, but I think that's the best overal solution. The last solution is to rename the Firestorm in the system registery, I have used one of the logitech product names for this. Just look around and you'll find more info on this one. Good luck.

renaming your gamepad in the registry to something like "Logitech Dual Action" was the only way you could play with an alternate game pad in MVP 2004. What this will do is make the game think you're using a Logitech game pad, and take the signals coming from your game pad and interpret them as it would from the Logitech pad.

Unfortunately, although they now support the Thrustmaster Firestorm in 2k5...there is no way to change the button assignments (at least from within the game) so this solution would give you a more responsive left analog stick...but at the same time mess up the button assignments especially the 1-4 buttons...lol

I've had similar problems with the left analog...I'm going to try to recalibrate the controller...because I really hate that profile thing..lol

There was a solution for this posted on the MaddenMania forums when Madden 2005 came out. Basically, there's several different things you can do. Create a Firestorm profile with Thrustmaster's utility and reduce the size of the square for the left analog stick. Another solution is open up the Gamepad utitliy from the Control Panel and recalibrate the stick. When you recalibrate, don't touch all the corners, just move it in a small circle around the circle. It can be tough to do considering how sensitive it can be, but I think that's the best overal solution. The last solution is to rename the Firestorm in the system registery, I have used one of the logitech product names for this. Just look around and you'll find more info on this one. Good luck.

I had to do that for Madden and my Thrustmaster as well...otherwise the runners would go very slow...I started using the D-Pad for a while, then I decided to try to fix it and ended up changing the sensitivity zone for the left stick...

I've since moved to a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad for MVP 2005 and it works fine in Madden as well.

Archived