Stadium question: changing the dirt texture

Y2K

Ok, I'm having a problem here. I'm trying to change the color of Yankee Stadium's night version dirt. The problem is I have problems with the uni2 texture. Ingame, there are these dark splotches appearing on the dirt after a few innings. I'm assuming these splotches are supposed to be areas of the dirt worn out from use. The problem I believe is the bottom of the uni2 texture where there are dark splotches. If you view the image in fshEd, you can see this area is very much transparent. If you view it in EAGraph, you just see those dark splotches. Either way I try to save/extract this image, I can't seem to get it to keep this transparency and as a result, I get those splotches on the dirt ingame.

If you can decipher what I'm saying, can you offer a solution to my problem?

The best way to edit these files is to use gfxpak to unpack the field.fsh files and use nfshtool to unpack the .fsh files to .bmps that you can edit in PSP or Photoshop. You will then have an alpha image to edit as well as the .bmp it is assigned to. Then you can repack using the same tools. It is a lot easier than using FSHedit and EAGraph.

Archived