hitting on all-star level?

ubbman

does anyone have any general strategies for hitting on all-star level? i can shut down the computer often and have no problems pitching, but hitting I find extremely difficult. i've tried sitting on a certain location, waiting to move the stick until the end, primarily holding up, down, etc. the hitter's eye is somewhat useful but still makes changeups hard to see.

anyone have any general strategies?

a simple but very efficient strategy:

to hit for contact, dont touch the the control stick

to hit for power, push up and left (for a righty hitter)

oddly enough, this overly-simplistic algorithm for hitting has been by far the most effective for me.

Tape these words to the top of your monitor.... "Be Patient"

On the first two pitches.... look fastball and location! If you don't get a fastball in your locationi, let it go. Don't be afraid to work the count. If you're patient and let bad balls go, then the computer will start pitching balls in the zone. If you chase out of the zone then the CPU will keep pitching out of the zone.

Here is my general strategy:

0 Strikes: Push up and inside and look for a fastball up and in to drive out of the park

1 Strike: Push stick to the inside and look for an inside pitch (preferably a fastball) to pull into the gap

2 Strikes: Hit defensivly and try to put anything in the strike zone into play. 80% of the time the CPU will throw a breaking pitch if you have 2 strikes and less than 3 balls. Watch for the breaking pitch.

That's the simple version that I follow.

Thanks. Those are the general strategies that I've also found. I'm getting annoyed though, because I can't keep up my averages in an all-star dynasty. And often times when I get a hit using the hold the stick inside method, I feel like it's luck.

Can anyone actually move the stick, read the pitch, and put a timely swing on it before it gets there? I've done this a few times on a changeup or curveball, but otherwise it's pretty damm hard.

Tape these words to the top of your monitor.... "Be Patient"

Can get brutal quick with an A class pitcher on the mound for me in All-star... Usually my only hope is to draw a walk and steal a base then pray for a the sac fly.. I'm not great in the box though... Patience does help.

Here's my strategy for hitting on all star:

1st pitch: this determines how my whole at bat goes. I will take this pitch about 90% of the time. The only time I swing is on a fastball down the middle, or a mistake pitch in the red or nuetral.

If the pitch is a ball, I treat pitch # 2 the same, and keep going like that till I get a strike or until he walks me.

If pitch 1 is a strike however:

2nd pitch: watch for someting good to it, anything around the edges of the strike zone I lay off, if its in the inner zone i swing.

Strategy on counts:

already discussed 0-1 and 1-0,2-0,3-0.

1-1: same as 2nd pitch above

0-2: swing defensivly, which is anything in the strike zone, hope i put it in play, or fould enough off till i get what i want.

1-2: same as 0-2

2-1:take most pitches, swing at anything that looks like you can drive it.

2-2: same as 0-2

3-1:take anything, except for fastballs down the middle and mistakes, 3-1 is the most likely count you will get one though, ive found.

3-2:depends on the situation really, generally im defensive, but sometimes ill take a chance and hope he walks me.

But above all like was said about, BE PATIENT. The reason i almost always take the first pitch is because that almost always doubles the number of pitches that pitcher is going to throw. And the more he throwes, the more likely you are to see driveable pitches later in the game.

For me hitting isn't about thinking about counts and what not...it's about being patient and waiting for a pitch to hit...if you want to advance runner on a Sac fly, wait for a ball outside and go opposite field. don't try to force anything.

Also i've only been trying to hit fastballs out of the park...sinkers, curveballs, and sliders i haven't been pressing up on my analog stick because it seems like I pop out alot. pressing down or nothing seems to produce better contact for me.

Through 46 games (on all-star) i'm 31-15 with 55 homers and batting .288 as a team....that is what works for me, but i'm sure other people's strategies work well also.

I actually swtiched to the new "low camera mod" for center view. I was struggling mightely and saw this camera mod and it helped. it actually lowes the nagle the pitches are coming in at. no more does the pitcher pitch down to you. i started a new dynasty with the O's and am now 6-0. swept the yanks at the stadium. such a differecne its scary. i recommend trying it.

Archived