Can anyone explain the wind indicator?

markprior22

The only wind indicator I've ever seen is a left or right pointing arrow at the pause screen. This is a little confusing for a couple of reasons. First of all, the wind should be able to blow from any direction (not just two). Secondly, when you are at the pause screen, how does a left or right pointing arrow correspond to the playing field?

Whats your take on the wind situation?

Left is left field, right is right field.

Funny story about this. When I was back in 6th grade playing Rec Ball, this kid thought left was right and right was left. He stood out in center facing home plate and continued to tell us that we had it wrong. He held out his two arms, and said "See, my left arm is pointing to left field (which it wasn't) and my right is pointing towards right." Ha, this kid was so dumb. Seriously, you're almost 11 or 12 and you don't know the positions of the outfield.

That story brought back memories.

At Wrigley if its blows off the lake from the North its blowing in from Center Field. Thats why hes asking why does it only point left or right. It should point all 4 direction shouldnt it. I think you can change it pregame under ballpark info at the screen selection.

At Wrigley if its blows off the lake from the North its blowing in from Center Field. Thats why hes asking why does it only point left or right. It should point all 4 direction shouldnt it. I think you can change it pregame under ballpark info at the screen selection.

I'm sure you must know this: Off the Lake is from the East, not the north and that would make it in from Right Field, not from Center.

The point is...wind doesn't just blow OUT to right or left. It could blow straight out to center...left center, right center or it could blow in from any direction. If no wind, out to left and out to right are our only options, that's fine. I just want to make sure that is the deal.

I have seen that arrow pointing in several directions over the course of many games. I know in exhibition mode it points in each direction (probably 8-16 different directions such as NW, WNW, ESE etc etc). Now in Dynasty mode I am not too certain how many different directions I have seen. But I do think more than 4.

I also think pointing Straight UP would be wind blowing OUT to Center. Pointing toward the Right would be wind blowing from Left field toward Right field etc etc..... in other words the bottom of the screen is HOME PLATE & The top of the screen is CENTER etc etc ...

Curious on other opinions on this as well .......

Archived