Anyone using a Radeon 9550? I need advice...

dpc134

Hi all,

I just recently purchased a Radeon 9550 graphics card for my Cpu. My cpu is 2.6 ghz Pentium 4 512 mb Ram. I was wondering if anyone is using this card and having success playing MYP 2005 without stuttering. I have downloaded the latest drivers (Catalyst 5.3) and also installed the KSM datafile. I also have the high resolution kc-total uniform update installed. I am having alot of stuttering in the game (mostly from throwing and running). I was wondering if anyone had any advice for improving the gameplay by adjusting the settings on my graphics card and the settings in the game. I did a "search" in the forums and I tried some different AA/Af settings but couldnt get any improvement. If anyone is using this card and having no/or little stuttering in the game, could you please tell me your settings? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Thats the exact card I have and almost the exact settings on my computer as well, I am currently using the following setup and only have very minimal stuttering on outfield throws...Anisotropic Filtering at 8x, Anisotropic Filtering Method at Performance, Anti-Aliasing at Application Preference, Texture Preference at High Quality, Mipmap Detail Level at high quality, Vertical Sync is application preference, and truform is always off, and the last thing I did was set the in game settings to 1280x1024 resolution and the game runs nearly perfect. Only thing that takes some getting used to is there seems to be a delay between when you hit the button to stop the pitch meter and when it actually stops, so just get used to having to hit the button a little earlier then normal, but its easy to get used to and a small price to pay for the game to stop stuttering. Let me know if this works for you, this was the only fix I came across, and I tried everything else that has been discussed on this message board. I might add that changing the resoluton settings in the game itself is vital for this to work for me atleast, without changing the resolution it was just as bad as before but once I changed it, like I said it all but went away for me.

Ok - I set everything the way you suggested and it did help - thanks. The only thing I couldnt do was set the in-game resolution setting to 1280 x 1024. The max resolution in the game is set at 1024x768. Is there any way to get the in-game resolution higher? Is this because my monitor is limited? My monitor is knid of old. Thanks again.

Ok - I set everything the way you suggested and it did help - thanks. The only thing I couldnt do was set the in-game resolution setting to 1280 x 1024. The max resolution in the game is set at 1024x768. Is there any way to get the in-game resolution higher? Is this because my monitor is limited? My monitor is knid of old. Thanks again.

I have the same card, i'll try those settings, i have a ton of stuttering, but i think it was cuz i had photoshop open aso find it helps to have "processor Scheduling set to "Background Services", I was able to run it at 1200 resolution, after i installed those drivers

I have the same card, i'll try those settings, i have a ton of stuttering, but i think it was cuz i had photoshop open aso find it helps to have "processor Scheduling set to "Background Services", I was able to run it at 1200 resolution, after i installed those drivers

How did you get the resolution to 1200? What drivers did you install?

Ok- I'm in class right now, I'll try it when I get home. Thanks again for the help.

If my monitor is limited to 1024 x 768, will that affect the performance in MVP? I think my monitor goes up to 1024 x768 max.

You will just have to try it out, I tried it at 1024x768 and the stuttering had gone away for the most part, but when I tried it at the higher resolution it just made the game appear more crisp and vivid, as in visuals I mean. So you could probably just go with your setting and it will work fine, let me know how it goes though.

Archived