Quick HR Question...

wikitundra

I don't like the push up process to hit homeruns. I miss the high heat hitting experience where timing and contact would launch a homer. Anyway, where in the slider should I modify to allow for more homeruns based on contact and not having to push up to hit one? Is 50 a good number? Or should I perform a global edit and bump up power? I am reviewing the datafiles in the downloads sections. Maybe the answer is there.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

i dont think you'll have much luck unless you hit up or up right/left. I sometimes get them on normal swings, but thats only when the piture makes a mistake, and even then its usually a double. I have on pared's sliders which makes hitting a little easier. My advice is to just guess when you're gunna get a good pitch and hold up..

i dont think you'll have much luck unless you hit up or up right/left. I sometimes get them on normal swings, but thats only when the piture makes a mistake, and even then its usually a double. I have on pared's sliders which makes hitting a little easier. My advice is to just guess when you're gunna get a good pitch and hold up..

I'd say only half of my homers come from pushing the stick up. It's really all about timing, and hitting seems to have a much greater learning curve than in the past with this game. Obviously if you're swinging down on a ball and you get under it, you're going to have to be pretty powerful to knock that out of the park.

I've hit a lot of HR's just by moving the stick inside and outside on the pitch.

I agree with mogadishu. I played HH and MVP and I think MVP is better. Using the analog stick just gives you more control over where you hit the ball. If Barry Bonds swings high at a fastball, he most likely will hit the ball on the ground. Even if he times it perfect and connects at the right moment, a high swing and the ball goes on the ground. You will hit some without using the analog stick, but if you want to hit homers, you need to have the right swing.

Im wondering if sliders would then lead to CPU players with a higher home run average than you (if you dont use the stick).

Dont think of it as cheating, think of it as swinging for the fences.... the question is, do you get more fly outs and strike outs swinging for the fences, if so.. then there is balance. If not, it needs to be taken care of.

It's not only just pushin the analog stick. It requires timing and good contact. Movin the stick is like move the bat to swing according pitch location. If a pitch is low in the zone, and you hit up in the stick, you will miss. But, if you hit low in the stick, you will hit, depending on your timing, it coul be a fly ball, a foul ball or a homer.

It's not only just pushin the analog stick. It requires timing and good contact. Movin the stick is like move the bat to swing according pitch location. If a pitch is low in the zone, and you hit up in the stick, you will miss. But, if you hit low in the stick, you will hit, depending on your timing, it coul be a fly ball, a foul ball or a homer.

not true

its not like high heat. where you move d-pad or left analog stick to location of the pitch.

on MVP 2005, using the left analog stick you dont move it to the pitch location.

Read hitting guide, it explains it more.

http://www.theperfectgame.net/forums/index...?showtopic=1398

If you push up, it will swing high, if you push down will swing low, with left and right you will pull the ball. If the ball is inside and you push outside, you will miss or hit a groundball.

The left stick determines your swing type.

If you push up, it will swing high, if you push down will swing low, with left and right you will pull the ball. If the ball is inside and you push outside, you will miss or hit a groundball.

The left stick determines your swing type.

very true.

but some people think you move the stick to where the ball is going in the zone.

on page 12 batting tips in manual

"Keep in mind that the EA Sports Swing system tells hitters how to hit the ball, not where to swing. For example, pressing the left analog stick up for a high pitch performs an uppercut swing-it doesn't aim the pitch up in the zone."

"It it also Important to time your swing properly when moving the left analog stick."

Archived