ati2evxx???

YankeePride

What exactly is this?

I don't have a slowdown problem like some others (I'm lucky, I guess), but I have noticed that when I do, it is because ati2evxx is running at about 90%. My system resources are depleted and MVP can hardly even function with all the mess going on in this process.

So, I usually end the process besides getting a warning from my system. Result? MVP runs smoothly and nothing ever happens to my system.

So what exactly is this process, if anyone knows and could this find be beneficial to those that are experiencing slowdown issues?

ati2evxx - ati2evxx.exe - Process Information

Process File: ati2evxx or ati2evxx.exe

Process Name: ATI External Event Utility EXE Module

Description: ATI External Event Utility EXE module working in the background.

Company: ATI Technologies Inc.

System Process: No

Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): No

Common Errors: N/A

I'm really not too computer savvy when it comes to things like this, but does ATI have anything to do with my video card?

I guess I'm confused. I turn off the process and I can run MVP just fine. But with it on, MVP is slow.

Does that make any sense?

I do have an ATI Video card. It's a Mobility Radeon 7500C.

Any idea on how I could stop the process from ever starting up again? It isn't a big issue to close it out all the time, but I still would prefer it never actually started up.

I do have an ATI Video card. It's a Mobility Radeon 7500C.

Any idea on how I could stop the process from ever starting up again? It isn't a big issue to close it out all the time, but I still would prefer it never actually started up.

I'm not sure how much you have tried, but try editing your "Startup" configuration. Do this by clicking on Start, then Select "Run", type "msconfig" (enter), then click on the "Startup" Tab. There will be a list of things that are run at start up....look for that specific file and un-check the box next to it. Apply and restart.

I'm sort of speculating here because I don't have an ATI card...the other possibility is that it is started up as one of the 'services', in which case the process to remove it is different. Post back if it is, and I can walk you through that process.

Archived