not your usual saitek p880 question!

RAM

i know there's been a million controller config threads already but, i don't think this has been touched on. here's the question: what button do you have assigned by DEFAULT for cutoff throws in the p880? the reason i ask is because before yesterday mine was button 8 the right trigger, now for some reason it is set to 6. it is really weird. i don't THINK this is my imagination, but let me know. it's minor but HIGHLY irritating.

I'm fairly certain that it was 6 by default. I remember that in MVP 2004, it was the right trigger. After getting 2005 and noticing this difference, I changed it from 6 to the right trigger, but that caused some problems with the pump fake so I went back to using 6. Took some getting used to.

yeah i've doing working on uni mods for the game PLUS adding in other guys mods so much i may be losing it! thanks though, guess i could just remap it if it becomes too much of a deal.

ok here's another one that's got me. i can no longer use the red S button to pause the game. anyone have any ideas?

You didn't happen to install the Saitek programming software did you? I just installed it and now I can't pause it. I guess because the software is recognizing it as the "Smart" button.

**Edit** You can set the red the "Smart" button to a normal button in the programming software, just right click on "Smart button" (make sure you're over the word so your mouse is a stays as the pointer). I just changed it to "Command button". Then loaded the profile and it works.

Anyway, if you didn't install the programming software, make sure the "Start" button is configured as button 11 in the game.

yeah i did! my system crashed and i accidentally installed saitek drivers. well, i guess just the drivers not the software, but it's still messed up. change it in game where?

edit- yeah in my config file it is set to 11 but doesn't work. and it just me or is it impossible to remove their drivers?

never mind thanks for the advice. i installed the software and tried what you said and it works great. combined w/ joy to key i never have to move forward or toggle through a bunch of screens to get to the main one. cool.

I'm fairly certain that it was 6 by default. I remember that in MVP 2004, it was the right trigger. After getting 2005 and noticing this difference, I changed it from 6 to the right trigger, but that caused some problems with the pump fake so I went back to using 6. Took some getting used to.

Yes... this was one of the more annoying things when I first got the game. It was now 6 for cutoff, and I really wanted it to be the right trigger. But no matter where I moved the pump fake to, it kept screwing up the cutoff throw! Very obnoxious. Glad I wasn't the only one who ran into this.

how do you stop them? man i spend more time messing w/ the game than playing it. i swear to god that i used to be able to use button 8 for cutoffs and pump fakes by default. but since i lost my whole OS and had to reinstall everything i can't. but,when i'm in the outfield getting ready to throw that little window pops up saying button 8 for the cutoff even though in my config file cutoff is set to 6.

nah, forget it i got it anyways. thanks

You figured out a way to make the runners stop in between bases with the Saitek P880? I have yet to figure that out.. and a lot of people have been asking about it. I thought they had taken that out of the game this year.

Could you share with us how you did it?

well i decided when all else fails read the mvp manual LOL! interesting i see no mention of stopping the runners, but i do see that button 8 is for cutoffs and button 6 is for pump fakes, yet in my case at least it is reversed. but, that explains why the game tells me to use button 8 for cutoff throws.

Archived