Online tips? Or patch coming?

The Big Unit

Man what a bummer. My friend and I have very good systems and good cards to run the game just fine. Tried playing an IP game. Lag city. Couldn't stop the pitch meter in time. Always went past when I pushed the button to throw. He couldn't swing the bat fast enough. Always was late as well. Said screw it. Let's try and go on EASO. Just as bad there after we tried. What crap! Are there any tips you guys know of to play this game smooth as silk online via IP or EASO? I hate EASO personally so I'd rather play IP. Have bought MVP for years now but this is by far the worst ever for lag online. Any tips? Or does anyone know if an online lag patch or something will be coming out? Again, we have more than enough horsepower to run the game and our cards are very good as well. (Not top of the line, but more than enough to run it).

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I'd say about 80% of the time I play without lag or with little lag at all. It depends on your systems upload speed. Your cards have nothing to do with how wellyou can run the game online.

I'm with the Big Unit on this..... my system runs the game pretty much flawless, no studders at all, video card aint top of the line but i play on the highest resolution settings and still no studders. Runnin a cable connection also..... and playin on EASO is sometimes downright brutal with lag. You really have no chance to distingish pitches.... just have to guess and swing real early..... to say the least its no way to play. I will look into the upload speed thing however because i know for a fact my internet provider has me capped. My upload times are horrid compared to what a cable connection should be. If anyone know that this is what is definatly wrong, or any more suggestions please feel free to share the knowledge.

I'm with the Big Unit on this..... my system runs the game pretty much flawless, no studders at all, video card aint top of the line but i play on the highest resolution settings and still no studders. Runnin a cable connection also..... and playin on EASO is sometimes downright brutal with lag. You really have no chance to distingish pitches.... just have to guess and swing real early..... to say the least its no way to play. I will look into the upload speed thing however because i know for a fact my internet provider has me capped. My upload times are horrid compared to what a cable connection should be. If anyone know that this is what is definatly wrong, or any more suggestions please feel free to share the knowledge.

Keep in mind what your ping usually hovers around and what your opponents ping hovers around. If yours is around say 60, which is very good, but your opponents is around 200 or so, the game will lag, so don't play those people with high pings.

Thats a good point also. My ping is usually in the 80's and i am usually the one starting the games.... so i dont have a chance to view their pings. I will try to join a game next time against someone getting a good ping rate and see whats up..... then adelphia will get a phone call demanding the take the cap off. I get 5-11k a sec on uploads runnin a cable modem....its like 56k

Thats a good point also. My ping is usually in the 80's and i am usually the one starting the games.... so i dont have a chance to view their pings. I will try to join a game next time against someone getting a good ping rate and see whats up..... then adelphia will get a phone call demanding the take the cap off. I get 5-11k a sec on uploads runnin a cable modem....its like 56k

I always suggest doing this, lock your game using a password so you can screen who is coming in by checking their ping and rating.

Archived