CPU Hitting Batter - datafile

ohetfieldo

I've spent a great deal of time in the datafile and I haven't seen anything that would suggest a setting for this....where is your CPU control slider?

I've played about 50 games in my owner mode season and I've been hit 10-15 times I would guess....

I've spent a great deal of time in the datafile and I haven't seen anything that would suggest a setting for this....where is your CPU control slider?

I've played about 50 games in my owner mode season and I've been hit 10-15 times I would guess....

Hey spitoon. I have my CPU control slider at -50 and I have never been hit in approx. 20 games. I play in Pro Mode but am soon going to move to MVP as I am getting better at the game.

Do you play in MVP? Perhaps that makes a difference?

Hey spitoon. I have my CPU control slider at -50 and I have never been hit in approx. 20 games. I play in Pro Mode but am soon going to move to MVP as I am getting better at the game.

Do you play in MVP? Perhaps that makes a difference?

Actually no, I've been playing on Pro...I played about 20 games on All-Star then dropped down to Pro for the last 30 or so...

I'm not sure how you guys play, are you taking pitches and working counts at all...if you are swinging at the 1st or 2nd pitch of every at bat, your chances of getting hit are way lower than if you making the pitcher throw 4-6 pitches per batter...

I try my best to work the counts. That is why I haven't started my Dynasty yet. I don't feel as though I am good enough at that yet.

You're likely correct on that though.

I have most everything else down OK. I just hope I can get this part down by Opening Day when I plan on starting my dynasty.

Funny that this would come up now, but I was just hit in the last game I played...one of my best games in recent memory as far as entertainment goes...

Here's a synopsis:

I took a beating from the Cubs in the first game of the series losing 10-5 after taking a 3-0 lead in the first inning...

In the second game I jump out to another early lead and in the third inning LoDuca gets beaned by Maddux, so I charge the mound :)...Loduca gets tossed, but I feel much better for it B)...Third inning a deep fly ball down the left field line appears to hit the wall (and the announcer says 'it lands foul'), the fielder makes the catch off the wall and I am called out...I come out of the dugout and get tossed....in the 7th, with Leiter riding a 2 hitter, I accidentally hit Aramis Ramirez, and he charges the mound :lol: He ends up injured for 7 games with an inflamed shoulder...That's right, don't bring that ***** out here meat!...and Leiter gets tossed and ends up suspended for 9 games...After the dust had settled, I ended up winning 8-2...The only thing that didn't happen is Dusty Baker didn't get tossed...

Funny that this would come up now, but I was just hit in the last game I played...one of my best games in recent memory as far as entertainment goes...

Here's a synopsis:

I took a beating from the Cubs in the first game of the series losing 10-5 after taking a 3-0 lead in the first inning...

In the second game I jump out to another early lead and in the third inning LoDuca gets beaned by Maddux, so I charge the mound :)...Loduca gets tossed, but I feel much better for it B)...Third inning a deep fly ball down the left field line appears to hit the wall (and the announcer says 'it lands foul'), the fielder makes the catch off the wall and I am called out...I come out of the dugout and get tossed....in the 7th, with Leiter riding a 2 hitter, I accidentally hit Aramis Ramirez, and he charges the mound :lol: He ends up injured for 7 games with an inflamed shoulder...That's right, don't bring that ***** out here meat!...and Leiter gets tossed and ends up suspended for 9 games...After the dust had settled, I ended up winning 8-2...The only thing that didn't happen is Dusty Baker didn't get tossed...

Dude...sounds like a blast. Can't wait to start my dynasty so I can get in on the action!

Cooler heads prevailed in game 3 of the series...maybe the league issued a warning or something ;)

I should have plunked someone just for fun, but I didn't...The game was good though, I busted out to a 4-0 lead only to give it all back in the later innings, then I scored two in the top of the ninth for a 6-4 win :lol:

It sounds like you are taking enough pitches...I can't explain it otherwise...how about the 'CPU Balls' slider? I guess more balls would equal more chances to get hit??? I'm using +20 right now.

I really don't think there is anything in the datafile, but it is huge with zillions :wink: of numbers...so I suppose it's possible.

Archived