MVP Edit ?'s

wolar32

I used MVP edit last year. I seem to have forgotten how to implement rosters into the game. Example: I imported from data/database and edited Jon Dowd to Barry Bonds. It is now an mbe file. I then export back to data/database file in MVP directory. I then go into the game and no Barry Bonds (or other changes).

I can't figure this one out (spent about two hours on it). What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't the changes I made in the editor show up in the game. Normally I just try to figure this out on my own, but I want to play. What an awesome game. I think EA outdid themselves. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am still getting run time error...I have tried everything so please be patient with me. I go to import/ mvp data where all the dat files are, and then i save it cause thats all ican do as an mbe file. What am i doing wrong?

Once you export the changes from MVPedit back to the game....be sure to do what jbmagicfan said...."Activate the RESET ROSTER button in the game"...Then when you load your game roster all the changes you made in MVPedit should show up.

But you must be sure to activate RESET ROSTER or your changes will not be in the game itself....Your mbe file in MVPedit will show the latest changes but they will not show up in the game unless you hit Reset Roster.

SFGiants061,

You said: " I go to import/ mvp data where all the dat files are, " ----- Be sure you import from and export to MVP 2005/data/database because that is where all the dat files are in 2005. In 2004 they were in the dat directory I think but not in 2005.

Thanks for the help guys. Finally, I got it to work.

SFgiants061: If you are still getting runtime errors you might be doing what I was doing at first. I had to actually click on the database file ( to where it looks like the icon is sort of open). I just had it highlighted at first and got the errors. then you can import, make changes, export in the same manner and it will ask you to overwrite file. Then if you want the changes to appear follow the advice from jbmagicfan and tks.

Archived