Totaly Unplayable, PLEASE give me hope someone?

samoggi

I have to say that after a month of TRYING to get this game to run smooth on a PC, it's still unplayable for me.

The stuttering drives me crazy.

It's way too choppy to play. I feel like my computer sucks all of a sudden.

I don't even want to load it up anymore. I feel like I wasted my money and more importantly, I have NO other choice of Baseball games for PC.

This is SO dissapointing for me.

EA HAS to patch this up for us higher end PC users.

And no 1600X1200? What were they doing??????

And who's to say that it will be possible for them to fix this issue anyway?

I run a DELL XPS laptop with a P4 1g ram ATI 9800 Pro 256mb.

I have never had ANY problems running any game until now.

It totally makes NO sense why they would do this.

PLEASE give me an explaination someone? PLEASE give me hope!!!!!!!!

I have a high end system, P4 3.06, Radeon 9700 Pro, running everything maxed out and Ihave never had a problem running the game, it runs smoothly for me.

I have read many people complaining about this but can't imagine what would be the common denominator seeing that it runs fine for me.

the only thing I can suggest is turning off vertical sync in game and in your graphic card settings. If that doesn't work, try turning down hardware acceleration, or running basic sound (start/run/dxdiag) , there has to be something causing it (obviously). Does it stutter if you lower all the settings too?

I have a high end system, P4 3.06, Radeon 9700 Pro, running everything maxed out and Ihave never had a problem running the game, it runs smoothly for me.

I have read many people complaining about this but can't imagine what would be the common denominator seeing that it runs fine for me.

the only thing I can suggest is turning off vertical sync in game and in your graphic card settings. If that doesn't work, try turning down hardware acceleration, or running basic sound (start/run/dxdiag) , there has to be something causing it (obviously). Does it stutter if you lower all the settings too?

Garrett67,

I have a very similar system to you - a slightly slower processor (2.5 GHz) and a slightly lesser vid card (Radeon 9700 TX) and I AM experiencing the stuttering. It does not make my game unplayable per se, but it's extremely choppy on field views and makes it hard to enjoy. Could you tell me:

...how much RAM you have on your system and on the card?

...what version of ATI drivers you are using?

...what version of DirectX you are using?

...did you do any tewaking to your vid card?

...what are your in-game settings?

...what kind of sound card do you have?

I've tried combinations of almost everything and I just can't smooth it out. I'm trying to figure out what "working" people have so we can try to gauge what's missing.

Thanks!

Unfortunately there's nothing one can do to fix it completely. EA bombed again on this one.

I guess we will have to wait for a patch to fix it, just like last year's.

I've uninstalled my copy and playing the Xbox version now. It really sucks, because I'm missing out on all these great mods. :cry:

Garrett67,

I have a very similar system to you - a slightly slower processor (2.5 GHz) and a slightly lesser vid card (Radeon 9700 TX) and I AM experiencing the stuttering. It does not make my game unplayable per se, but it's extremely choppy on field views and makes it hard to enjoy. Could you tell me:

...how much RAM you have on your system and on the card?

...what version of ATI drivers you are using?

...what version of DirectX you are using?

...did you do any tewaking to your vid card?

...what are your in-game settings?

...what kind of sound card do you have?

I've tried combinations of almost everything and I just can't smooth it out. I'm trying to figure out what "working" people have so we can try to gauge what's missing.

Thanks!

I have 512MB RAM, the 9700 Pro is a 128MB card

driver date is 1/19/2005... 6.14.10.6512

Direct X 9.0c

everything on my computer is stock, nothing is modified.

My ingame settings are maxed out

within my video card settings (right click desktop, properties, display..etc) those settings are on high, I will try to post a picture.

My sound card is a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.

ATI.jpg

On your video card properties (the screen you posted above), check the box that says "Use Custom Settings" then click the "Custom" box and crank up the AA and AF as high as they will go.

I was at my buddy's house on Saturday and he has a very similar set up to you...I cranked them both up (8XAA and 16XAF IIRC) and it smoothed it out a great deal...not perfect, but much much better.

...hi

my game runs good by this setting:

1. recomend setting optimal quality ON

2. use costumsetting ON

3. AA 6 x

4. AF 16 x

(3 and 4 you must see what is better for you)

5. anisotrophic highest performance

6. veritcal synchron MUST OFF

(in the video game options too)

7. i play with 1280x1024x32 and 150 Hhz.

8. install a datafile to your data folder

(see and read under downloads and froum about that)

9. i´m reinstall kc´s unform update, because after this and

new install mvp 2005 stoped the stuttering

also the orioles park download is stuttering in my game

...after this all my game runs good for me, but it was a hard and long

night to find the right performance... :wink:

hope you understand my english ;-)

good luck :D

jörn from munich germany

On your video card properties (the screen you posted above), check the box that says "Use Custom Settings" then click the "Custom" box and crank up the AA and AF as high as they will go.

I was at my buddy's house on Saturday and he has a very similar set up to you...I cranked them both up (8XAA and 16XAF IIRC) and it smoothed it out a great deal...not perfect, but much much better.

It already runs smooth for me.. it looks perfect too.

Thanks for the info and the screen, Garrett. I think more RAM might help me out - I only have 256 right now. Everything else is comprable to your setup.

I've uninstalled and deleted a bunch of crap from my computer (including MVP 2005). I'm going to try re-installing now that I have all the latest drivers and DirectX.

I have tried ALL of the above and have had NO LUCK!

I continue to struggle.

I think I've tried EVERY combonation.

I've got a headache through all this.

I want this to work SO bad but have to face the facts that it's always going to stutter.

I really think they should of gave us a 1600X1200 option, this would of helped emmensly!

I hope there are other who are having issues so EA will TRY to patch this mess up.

Archived