Anway to get CPU Wakfield to throw more Knuckleballs??

MaddiesDaddy

I was just curious if there was a way to get the CPU to have certain pitchers throw one of their pitches more frequently???

Right now I am just playing exhibition games to warm up and get my sliders as set as possible for my dynasty and I play Yankees-Red Sox all the time. I know, I know it may get boring but I need to keep as many variables consistent as possible so as to tweak my sliders.

Anyhow...if the CPU ever goes to the bullpen before the 6th inning they bring in Wakefield as their long reliever...which is fine...but he throws his knuckleball only 50-60% of the time. And his fastball and curve are a little weak so I tattoo him everytime. This is kind of enjoyable but unrealistic.

In reality his knuckleball should be 85-95% of his pitches thrown. I checked in MVPedit and there is no pitch frequency number for a pitchers pitches (i.e., how often he throws one pitch vs another). So as far as I know there is no way to change this. Am I correct???

I mean if I were playing against the Yankees and I was facing Mariano, I'd expect to see his cutter 80% of the time....b/c in fact that is what he does.

Archived