Those With Suttering Problem Please Reply

Roscosuper

My friend and I pretty much have the same computer.......Gateways 500x series........pentium 4........768 RAM.......winxp....etc.......a few months ago we both upgraded to a Radeon 9200......his computer runs the game fine..........mine stuttered (before I used 3d analyze)

The difference in our systems?..............the power supply...........

Not to long ago my friends power supply broke and he needed to replace it.......he went from a 160 watt to a 300 watt........I still have a 160 watt

The reason I bring this up, is because my friend and I were not aware of these power requirements until the other day when I was looking at the box of a x800 pro, and it stated it required a 250 watt power supply.....eventually we realized our difference

Also, my computer guy said "a 9200 needs more juice than a 160 watt power supply to run effectively"

I have not installed a new power supply yet, so I do not know if I'm on to anything........but maybe if some of you guys jump in here with your specs we can get an idea

The specs for the power supply should be right on the power supply itself inside the case

I'm running on this system

Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.5GHz

Epox 9NDA3+ (nForce3 Ultra)

1GB Mushkin PC3200 RAM

256MB GeForce 6800GT

2x36GB WD Raptors in RAID0

380W Antec TruePower

I get stuttering on this system no matter what AAAF settings I use at 1024x768, and a friend with the same CPU and a GeForce 6800 complains about stuttering on his system too. There's something wrong with the game.

yeah i have a antec true blue 460 watter and it's no big help either.

BUT i do have a little bit of info that may help. BUT if you try this -do this at your own risk. i had fried my 9600 xt so i was stuck on low detail. being in college and only working part time, obviously i'm broke. SO i picked up a radeon 9250 128mb card for like $50. i was able to set it back to high detail but the choppiness was bad ( my machine is self made. p4 2.8 ghz, 1.5 gb ddr RAM etc.) so after many tweaks i have gotten it fairly smooth. first i upgraded to the latest ati drivers then i downloaded atitools (google it- it's free), and use it to slightly overclock the card. bear in mind if you have the fanless card like i do, be careful. because if you have a shelf built system (hp, dell etc.) you may need to add a slot cooler or other fan. i have plenty of fans in my pc and wanted it a little quieter. use the tool to tweak the card. befor you do this set the af in 3d and open gl to 4x, the af to app preference. set wait for vsynch to always off in both and in the game. then use the tool to tweak the card. when you load up ati tool check the default settings they'll probably look like this:

[Default]

Core=240.00

Mem=166.00

then use the program to tweak the card a litlle so it looks like this:

[mvp]

Core=251.44

Mem=204.19

this is not too big of a change really, but it resulted in an increase of about 10% higher FPS using the tweak. mess w/ it some. see if it helps. it helped out my stuttering a lot.

still it's a shame to have to do this for a baeseball game IMO.

Archived