Video card help please

HaloChillie

I just bought the game today because it was on sale at Best Buy even though I don't have the video requirements on the game. I wanted to just see how it would look, but BB told me that once I open it there is no way I can return it if it doesn't work. So, I'm just going to try to figure out a way to upgrade in the next 30 days without opening it, or else just return it. I'm hoping there are some video card experts here.

My problem is that I have an HP Pavilion 751n. It has an integrated graphics card, AGP4x expansion slot, and 124-149W power supply. What video card can I get that will work with both my computer and MVP2k5? I haven't found anything yet.

there's plenty of better cards than the mx that will work in your pc, just make sure they are agp 4x/8x compatible. i can't guarantee the system you have will run the game to your specs though, what type and what speed is the cpu? you can always pick up a cheap 400 watt power supply for around $40, i can't guarantee it'll last forever like say a $150 antec, but it'll last a good while depending on how often/ hard you run the pc.

I have a 1.8 GHz Pentium 4. I know my PC runs perfectly for everything up until this point. Is it probably good to just get a new, more powerful supply then go for one of the video cards that sell for about $70-$80? That's about as much as I can spend total.

well you're processor speed and ram size is good . but i don't think that you'll be able to run the game in full detail w/ onboard video. and trust me the game looks bad in low detail. you can probably get both of what you need for around $80-90 bucks. try the ati 9250 or 9500 128mb card over @ newegg around $40-50, and a cheap power supply for about $30-40. i think w/ the system you have, this combo will suit you fine w/ your budget. a power supply alone won't help push this game to where you want to take it.

Archived