Catalyst 4.5 makes MVP 2004 Smoother?

metalboy15

does this only work with certain graphics cards?

well everyone in the thread as an ati radeon (or powered by ati card maybe) so if you have an ati card it should help u out quite a bit. if u have another brand (nvidia etc.) check their website for the latest drivers. made a huge diff for me and my older card (next upgrade for me btw $$$).

Guest McCovey521

I presently have the 4.4's installed. Can I overwrite them to install the 4.5's or do I have to uninstall them? I ran into trouble the last time I uninstalled the old drivers. Someone suggested that I install the new ones over the old ones. Is this correct? BTW, I have a 9600 XT Radeon. Thx.

I presently have the 4.4's installed. Can I overwrite them to install the 4.5's or do I have to uninstall them? I ran into trouble the last time I uninstalled the old drivers. Someone suggested that I install the new ones over the old ones. Is this correct? BTW, I have a 9600 XT Radeon. Thx.

technically, you're supposed to uninstall the old ones before installing the new ones, but its really just a formality to make sure nothing goes wrong. 9 times out of 10, nothing is going to happen.

technically, you're supposed to uninstall the old ones before installing the new ones, but its really just a formality to make sure nothing goes wrong. 9 times out of 10, nothing is going to happen.

i use driver cleaner and it works very well. i installed the 4.5's and they are so much better than the last drivers. it is an amazing difference. thanks to mike for his setting too. 8) btw, i have a 9600 xt and i love it.

Archived