Video problems

redpig

when i run the game, the players, umpires (even the ball), are pixelated with weird colors and the texture is messed up. i tried changing the video tuning, but nothing works. it didnt happen before. my video card is radeon 9600. i put everything on high (actually its auto-detect), and 1024x768x32 for the resolution. any advice? thanks.

update: i reinstalled the game, and when i load it up, it still have the same problem. when i delete my profile, the spots disappear but now i notice the very very crappy faces on the players, which have the same locked eyes! i did not download or install any mods, except the EA patch. please advice me.

it sounds like you may have some type of conflict going on w/ your video card and this game. try updating the radeon drivers at www.ati.com . after you dload the new drivers don't install them yet, now dload drivercleaner- google it it's free and run it to clean out any left behind stuff you may have in there. follow the drivercleaner instructions they are pretty straightforward and easy. after you reboot THEN install the new radeon drivers. then clean out all the junk temporary files. now try disabling everything running in the background (IM's, browsers, all that stuff) and load the game and see what happens.

how long have you had this card?

well, i tried playing other games such as tiger woods 2005 and madden, they work fine. so i just uninstall again, and deleted all my saves. now its all clean out and the game runs fine.

i had the video card for half a year now and the drivers are updated since the first day. i guess before i was running other programs in the backgrounds and it clash with the processing of the graphics in the game. and my profile saves the changes. i didnt use a good solution, deleting all the saves, but its better than getting a new video card or a virus. thanks tho.

Archived