Keyboard player - Questions!

Rocky

I am a keyboard player and am having problems when at bat... For hitting I use the bottom arrow key to hit and the Num Pad keys to determine where I want to hit.... That is all fine if I have not got anyone on a base. When I hit with a batter at say first and click the bottom arrow key along with the 2, 6, 8 or 4 Num Keys. the player at 1st tries to steal --- grrrrrrr 8O

So basically there are 2 keys assigned for hitting and stealing and I use both and am caught stealing everytime even when I don't want to steal. Help needed on this one guys.... Please... and thanks... hehe :D

I am a keyboard player and am having problems when at bat... For hitting I use the bottom arrow key to hit and the Num Pad keys to determine where I want to hit.... That is all fine if I have not got anyone on a base. When I hit with a batter at say first and click the bottom arrow key along with the 2, 6, 8 or 4 Num Keys. the player at 1st tries to steal --- grrrrrrr 8O

So basically there are 2 keys assigned for hitting and stealing and I use both and am caught stealing everytime even when I don't want to steal. Help needed on this one guys.... Please... and thanks... hehe :D

This happens to me all the time, and as a fellow keyboard player, the only thing I can tell you is directly after your swing (if you miss or it's a pop-up) slam on the page down key :lol:

Thanks very much Pedro for the tip....... Only problem, (although I have not yet practiced this method yet) is that by the time I have either hit or missed the ball my runner on 1st is gonna be probably half way from 1st to 2nd base.... Is he gonna make it back in time?? --- LOL

I play with the Rockies, so I don't have HIGH expectations for my team... hehe :cry:

Ok, please send your controller configuration to my email address and I will fix that for you buddy.

Rocafella4lyf9@gmail.com

Sorry for my ignorance, but what you mean by my controler configuration and how do I optain that info?? :?

go to your documents, and open up the MVP Baseball 2005 folder, then you will see a file named Controller or whatever you saved it as, just send me that file, I'll fix it for ya and whaa bam, you'r done.

From the My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005 folder theres a controller file, open it with Notepad. Copy the info and send it to him.

But i think it's unnecessary. When i use to play with the Keyboard i set the Swing button to the Space Bar. Then i set the Num Key arrows for hitting, the non num key arrows for base running, Page Up to advance runners, Page Down to retreat runners, and the non num key arrows for pitching, and the num key arrows where my Analog Stick. Set it up like i did and you should have no problems at all.

But if you have a PS2 Controller it's not worth the trouble of using a keyboard when you can spend $10 for the Radio Shack PSX to PC adapter and play the game with the PS2 Controller. SO much easier and you can do more things with the PS2 Controller aswell as feeling all the vibrations too.

Archived