Subbing pitchers, seeing batters coming up...

dochase

OK here's the deal. If I bring in a new pitcher to start the inning, I cannot figure out how to see wht handed batters are coming up to decide what handed pitcher to bring in. Whe I pinch hit, and then start the next inning on defense the game says you have a regular fielder in the pitchers position, when I click on Accept it brings me to the screen to choose a pitcher. Is there any way to find out the next 3 batters handedness (?)? I have tried everything...I can find out the next 3 batters but not which side they hit from.

Thanks

D

Yes, click "Back" (note who is coming up, as it's shown on that screen), then choose "Change Defensive Positions" (or whatever that's called, I can't remember right now), then on the right hand side above the bench players are two arrows, click one of them to bring you to the opposing team's bench and you can see which way each guy bats.

It's a little cumbersome, but it works.

I ran into this as well, so at this point I just make sure that I check the opposing manager screen prior to the end of the inning.

I make a point to check the opposing team to see who is batting in the next half inning when I go to warm any new relief pitchers up.

I use the default controller config. While pitching press and hold button 8 and you will see there lineup. Press and hold button 8 and Use the D pad to scroll through the other manager screens.

That only works when you are in the game. If you have pinch hit for a pitcher and the inning ends, you cannot get back to the game to see that screen. You have to use the cumbersome method I described above...it works, but it's inconvenient as heck.

Archived