Can't Bunt

NYYKing

I have an Airflo controller, and overall it works quite well. I was able to map every button, in the controller screen (including bunting, which was mapped to my right analog stick click R3). It registered, but in game, i cannot get the bunting to work. For defense, the L1+R3 setting for intentional walk worked with no problem, so the button works. It just doesn't work for bunting...need help!

Hello, this sounds like the same problem I had, but was able to solve it. What you need to do is goto "My documents" then to your MVP 2005 Folder. You will see a controler.cfg file. Open this up w/ notepad. AT the top you will see yoru device name, player, number of buttons, povs, and axis. Right below that is where you need to start making changes. You need to change the VPAD VIRTUAL BUTTONS to match what they are for your controller. To check what your buttons are assigned to goto your windows control panel, change to classic view if its not already, and click on game controllers, then goto properties and start hitting buttons to see numbers correspond to what buttons.

I bet that your VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L3 (left anaglog button) and VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R3(right analog button) are backwards. Also be sure to check your top left/right buttons, bottom left/right buttons, and start/select buttons. All of those were backwards for me. You only have to edit the VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTONS, dont worry about the other stuff. Once you get those set up be sure to goto file and save. Then go into the game, remap the buttons to what you want, and see if it works. Also, make sure that you dont have "pitch history" in defensive controls assigned to the same analog as bunt.

Here is the problem I had......When I configured my controller in game it was recognizing the right buttons for all of them, but actually in the game they didnt correspond to what was going on. I had problems w/ the bunting (I had to use left analog to bunt), the pitch #5 it would only left me use the top left instead of top right button, and also the relay throw. Once i edited the controler file like I told you everything works great now.

Archived