ATTN: Ultra-realism fanatics

freudianslip

Alright, for those of you craving ultra-realism in your dynasties how about this:

There is a flight sim game called Microsoft Flight Simulator. It allows you to fly in an ultra-realistic environment complete with real-world scenery, landmarks, airports and even radio frequencies. You fly in real time so that a flight from Oakland, CA to Seattle, WA really takes 1.5 hours or so...

For my MVP Dynasty (A's), I will charter a Boeing 737 and fly the A's to all of their road games using Microsoft Flight Sim!!! And you guys thought you craved realism... 8)

Fly me out to the ball game!

:D

On one hand, I love it freudian, but on the other hand, I'm thinkin...

uh-oh...is this gonna make me want to do the same thing with my

Cardinals Dynasty team???????

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Geez, I just realized something...I'm just as bad at flying jets on

Flight Sim as I am at playing MVP....so not only are my Cards gonna

lose most every game...they're more then likely gonna crash and die

on every road trip!!!!

Thanks a lot freudian!!!!

:banghead: :shock: :banghead: :shock: :banghead:

Geez, I just realized something...I'm just as bad at flying jets on

Flight Sim as I am at playing MVP....so not only are my Cards gonna

lose most every game...there more then likely gonna crash and die

on every road trip!!!!

Thanks a lot freudian!!!!

:banghead: :shock: :banghead: :shock: :banghead:

Look at it this way, you will have the smallest payroll in baseball! :mrgreen:

I know what you mean...

The thing is that Microsoft Flight Sim is so realistic and even has "stadiums" in the game...

For example, When you fly into LaGuardia (NYC airport) on approach to Runway 22, you know what you see out the right window? Shea Stadium!!! Of course it is not as realistic as Renegade's Shea will be but it is positioned exactly where it should be.

I just can't get enough of it and I thought it would be a great way to enhance my MVP Dynasty experience.

Check out sites like www.avsim.com and www.flightsim.com to see how fanatical flight sim enthusiasts are about realism in their game of choice...they remind of a certain group of people... :mrgreen: namely you guys!

Too funny....reminds me of when I got into playing High Heat...one

night I hit three homers in a game with Big Mac and then woke up

in the middle of the night, sat up straight in bed, and said, while still

pretty much asleep, "Mark McGwire lives in the walls of this house!"

My wife thought I was crazy, but what concerned me the most was that

we were going to move the following week, and I had no idea how I

was gonna get Mark out of those walls so I could take him with me!

:D

Actually there is Microsoft Train Simulator...perhaps that would suit your purposes?

That would be cool if you were playing with an old-time league. Then, for added realism and if your league had Ted Williams, you could break and go play Call of Duty for a couple of years.

How does that game not get boring? Random terrorist hijackings? Engine failures? :mrgreen:

The thing is that is can get boring...but only if you fly in a static environment. I fly in multiplayer online, and there is a free program (called Teamspeak) which allows us to join a game and communicate with each other using our voices (just like SOCOM).

People even do real-time ATC (air traffic control) so it does stay interesting. However, I just do it to further my real love--ultra realistic sports simulation...

BTW it does have random engine failures 8)

Ever crash into anyone? :twisted:

Nope.

I know how to control my plane and like to fly in a professional manner. Besides, the best part of the game is doing an approach and landing.

I'm not into recreating tragedy...I just want to add to the experience of owning, managing, playing and planning the logistics of a major league baseball franchise.

Flight sim is pretty cool. Used to be into it a lot. And after you land at the airport, you can take a helicoptor to the stadium. If you're in Chicago, you can download the subway system for Train Simulator or just switch to Midtown Madness. Lots of ways to get to Wrigley. I like flying my Blue Angels jet upside down through the St. Louis arch.

Archived