Frustrating problem, unable to locate it

LetsGoOakland

Last night, I reported how my game would crash to the desktop at the beginning of a game. I uninstalled it and played the default which worked fine. Then I installed several mods, including the '71-'75 White Sox uniforms (which worked before), my own rosters (thought that could be it but it crashes with default rosters), I installed every "Total Portrait" set available (the latest ones however) and a few face mods (which all worked before as well). After that, the game is crashing again. Has anyone experienced this? What is going on?

Please help.

if one of the teams you are using is the Angels perhaps it has something to do with the K-Rod cyberface.

I have found...through many torturous game crashes and fixes (most through trial and error)...that if I leave the K-rod cyberface uncompressed in the models.big file....

the game still uses the updated cyberface for him and no longer am I seeing a crash.

My problem was only with using the Angels however. So I dunno if that applies to you?

Okay, so I replaced all my large files - models.big, portraits.big, and uniforms.big. Also, I edited the player faces on my roster file for the ones that I had installed mods for to generic faces. I noticed I had left off one player from the Louisville team, which did not show up on the "Check Errors" option (I thought that could be it but when I fixed that, it didn't work. Plus, it would crash on default rosters as well). However, I did get to play a full game without it crashing. It did lag substantially though. I installed the Second Patch but I wanted to know, should I have installed the first patch as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am trying to figure out what mod is causing the game to crash.

Alright well I tried an experiment and here's what I came up with:

Using absolutely no mods except for my rosters, the game plays (in the one game I did play, sometimes it would have incredible lag, even with the second patch).

Now after I installed two mods - Bonds' face by Terminator Korea and TribeTime's Non-MLBPA portrait mod. Game didn't work. I tried playing STL @ BOS and it crashed halfway through load screen.

I replaced the models.big file (the Bonds on my roster is not linked to the face mod so that was not an issue). I tried playing again, STL @ BOS, and it still crashed. So it appears to me that for some reason my computer does not want ANY mods at all. I don't know why all of a sudden it just stopped. I had a lot of cool things going before last night, now I can't even enjoy the whole reason why I got MVP for the PC. Can anybody help me? This is so f-ing frustrating.

yes for uniforms, i was just curious because i had a problem where it was removing cyber faces and some uniforms in my game, which was causing a crash. everytime i imported a new uni it would erase anything i had previously done. fuzz helped me figure it out, once you get a certain amount of mods in there make a copy of your models.big in the fuzz folders this way it won't happen. i doubt that was your problem, just a shot. good luck. more tweaking than playing sometimes.

I would like to know if anybody getting to the Rosters as of screen and then being taking back to windows and saying mvpbaseball.exe error and sending a report to try and fix it and found a way to fix it so the error doesn't come up again can you post it here so I can fix mine so I can play the game again because I really want to play again! If I acn't fix it I going to have to sell so if you would be intersted in it just just email at mgsports@charter.net and we can figue out things

Last night, I reported how my game would crash to the desktop at the beginning of a game. I uninstalled it and played the default which worked fine. Then I installed several mods, including the '71-'75 White Sox uniforms (which worked before), my own rosters (thought that could be it but it crashes with default rosters), I installed every "Total Portrait" set available (the latest ones however) and a few face mods (which all worked before as well). After that, the game is crashing again. Has anyone experienced this? What is going on?

Please help.

same prob here.

Archived