Multiple Installs in Win-XP (Will this work????)

hoosier4974

I am having the post patch 2 issue where I can no longer play direct IP to IP online games with the difficulty set higher than Pro. This has caused an issue with a PC league I'm in where we play our games with the All Star difficulty. I want to be able to keep the patch 2 benefits (NO STUTTERING) but still be able to play in the league.

Here's my thought/question:

Can I setup a new Win-XP user account, log into it and reinstall MVP2005 under this new user name without disturbing the other install under my default user name ?? I'd only install patch #1 on this install and use this Win-XP account to play my league games. Does anyone know if this will work ??

I'd go ahead and try it, but dont want to mess up my initial install and all the mods that I have downloaded.

Any thoughts or facts about this ??

Soz bro. I dont play online. Due to the fear that EA cant get madden right, so theres my dilema. I figured I would say something since I read the thread. Someone should know something or else you finally have a thought that no one knows anything about. That would be a first. :?

i don't think you could do this the way you are asking. it would still be the same hardrive etc. even if it was on a seperate hd, i don't think it would work. maybe mounting a copy on a virtual drive (ie- daemon tolls, or alcohol) would help you w/ what you need.

Archived