Still Stuttering

KrGAce

I have just bought and installed an Nvidia GeForce 6800 video card. The game looks much better than my previous card (Sapphire 9000) and I have installed the latest patch. My problem is at times the throwing around the infield still causes stuttering. I want to ask the majority, what can I turn off (if anything) to stop this? It's weird but it appears that throws from the outfield are fine, but throws in the infield have stuttering albeit not as much as before. Anyone have any ideas I can try? Thanks in advance as always for the great help.

AceMan

I have AA set to 8xS and AF at 16x in my Display Properties for MVP 2005. I, too, still get what I call the "flutters" instead of the full-blown stutters that I had pre-patch 2. Fluttering is what you get when your fps are too low in a game. Playable, but still a noticable hesitation of the ball when it's thrown sometimes. However, my fps are still high and not really a factor. I have noticed that this fluttering is more pronounced at some stadiums as compared to others. I hardly see them when I play a game at RFK, but I do see more of it when I play at Camden Yard, for instance.

ez

Resolution does not matter, refresh rate is what matters. Are you running the game at 60 hz? Are you also at the same time as you are running the game at 60hz refresh rate ALSO having V-sync on in both the game & windows? If you are, you should be smooth as silk.

I have vsync set to "always on" in ATI control panel and set to "on" in the game. it is not smooth as silk. The stuttering is minor but noticeable. I have done a fresh install of the game and patch 2 w/o any mods and its still the same. The fact is for wahtever reason the patch did not totally work for everyone. If EA would quit being idiots and say what caused the stuttering then I believe the community would have a good shot at fixing it for everyone.

Well the stuttering stopped for me but I do still get the odd glitch.

My issues are the pauses in the game.

I think you are all right, it has to do with frame rates dropping.

I have a B I G letter to EA that's waiting for a response, I will post it!

I have vsync set to "always on" in ATI control panel and set to "on" in the game. it is not smooth as silk. The stuttering is minor but noticeable. I have done a fresh install of the game and patch 2 w/o any mods and its still the same. The fact is for wahtever reason the patch did not totally work for everyone. If EA would quit being idiots and say what caused the stuttering then I believe the community would have a good shot at fixing it for everyone.

Good point. Even more so, it fixed this issue for some but it ruined other issues for all. Like no more manual pickoffs in IP to IP (peer to peer) games. I am quite upset about that. Also... while the flicker is really not as bad as I thought it would be when playing at 60 hz, it's still not as nice as playing the game at 100 hz like I was able to before all this. & then of course the point that in IP to IP I am locked in at the pro setting instead of being able to play my friend online at the all star setting. Also there are other minor issues like the game defaulting to options that even though I can manually change in-game, they are not set up that way anymore by default.

So yes, you are speaking correctly when you say EA messed up.

Well I managed to smooth mine out a bit more somehow. i installed the nice bloated ATI CCC. Here are my settings

AA 6x w/ temporal on

AF 16x

Cat AI Advanced

Geometry, DXT, and Alternate pixel centers on

mipmap high

Vertical sync always on

My PC is a p4 1.8, ati 9700pro, 512MB ram

I play @ 1280x1024@60

I get a minor stutter from 3rd to first even though the frame rates are reading 35-40, but it rarely stutters from 1st to 3rd. I also get a minor pause when a pitcher throws a strike and like turns around to go back to the mound, or on a foul ball. These I believe are caused by a framerate drop though cause it reads in the 20's when that happens.

Archived