Awsome Informational Site

mugsybutt

Has anyone spent any significant time on this site?

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/

The amount of individual information and ratings on the players is incredible.

wtf? it's not free? lol

"You must have cookies enabled to use this subscription form.

Charges will appear on your credit card statement as Prospectus Entertainment Ventures. "

when trying to find a player lol

Completely offtopic, but I noticed you are from Charleston mugsybutt, that's cool. I am from Anderson. When I went to USC, I spent most every weekend hanging out in Charleston (I had a lot of friends at coc).

I am probably going to catch up with a few of them this weekend or the next, I can't wait. Charleston is my favorite place in the world, I love it their. I will be moving there in the next year or two, when my girlfriend goes to MUSC.

Completely offtopic, but I noticed you are from Charleston mugsybutt, that's cool. I am from Anderson. When I went to USC, I spent most every weekend hanging out in Charleston (I had a lot of friends at coc).

I am probably going to catch up with a few of them this weekend or the next, I can't wait. Charleston is my favorite place in the world, I love it their. I will be moving there in the next year or two, when my girlfriend goes to MUSC.

Just moved to Charleston in November from Minneapolis, MN. Love it here too!! Beautiful city, beautiful women, great nightlife! What more could you ask for!? 8) :twisted:

Look me up when you get here! :!:

Yeah, Baseball Prospectus rocks.

I believe it holds some fame as the place where Voros McCracken unveiled his DIPS theory also (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Apparently Mr. McCracken is doing well now (I hear he's snagged a job with the Red Sox).

-E

The Prospectus website was free until the beginning of the 2003 season- they saw it as a means of promoting the book of the same name. Not only is Mr. McCracken in the Red Sox front office, but another Prospectus alum, Keith Law, was hired by JP Riccardi days after taking over the Toronto job.

BP's ability to penetrate indicipherable mounds of statistics and come up with tools like PECOTA (which is an analysis of comparable players at similar stages of their careers) has definitely been noticed in the more enlightened front offices in MLB.

Archived