Importing/ Exporting players

wolar32

Can I import players from mvp 2004 into mvp 2005? I am using mvp edit 2004 and mvp edit 2005 to try and import players from mvp 2004 into mvp 2005. I can almost do it, but I get an error message that says the mep file is not valid. I remember doing this with High Heat, I think. I think that the ultimate roster set 1.0 has imported players from 2004, but not sure.

For example, I exported Chris Bootcheck with mvp edit 2004 from mvp 2004 and saved it. Then I try to import that file into mvp 2005 using mvp edit 2005 and it will give me the option of placing him on a team (Salt Lake), but then I get the "invaled mep file" error message. I know I am probably way off, but what am I doing wrong?

wolar32,

Robert Glass has an MVPConvert Program which does 90% of the work:

http://www.glass4.com/mvpedit/

It converts '04 .mbe (full roster file) to '05 .mbe files.

MVPEdit V4 is not compatible with lower levels of MVPEdit for both .met (team files) and .mbe (player files) but is compatible for .mbe files.

Once you create a converted '04 .mbe file you should do the following:

1) You probably should export each team from the converted .mpe file to create a .met file in V4 format then reimport that .met file into a copy of a good V4 .mbe file.

2) inspect each player to make certain his faces & portrait shows up. Generic faces 901-915 (I think) are OK for "Picture Not Found" conditions but any other face with "Picture Not Found" needs to be corrected or it will crash the game.

3) also once in the game take a look at all four lineups for each team if they look strange (i.e. Like E(mpty) or similar) in the DH or SP's spot then you have to go back and clear the rotation and in some cases the lineups as well in MVPEdit to correct that problem. This happen fairly infrequently. You might want to run the Check Errors option in MVPEdit and it might point these conditions out to you but I am not sure if it does or not.

Hope this helps ---- if you have any other questions just ask and I will try to help you out.

Take Care,

Don

Archived