Need help installing datafile and camera?

chris5003

You need Winrar to open the file (do a google search). Once it's installed, download the datafile you want, right click the file and tell winrar where to open the file to (a temp folder). Then place the datafile you want in:

C:Program Files EAsports MVP baseball 2005data (not in the datafile folder)

Then you're good to go. Enjoy.

ez

I have done exactly what you said ez, however, The camera views are still the default views. :(

You probably put the datafile in the wrong folder (simple mistake :? ). Go to C:Program FilesEASportsMVP Baseball 2005data. Now make sure you drop the datafile from KSM in the "data" folder, not the "datafile" or "database" folder. You should now be able to view the changes in the game with the new datafile. Enjoy :D

ez

I didn't want to start a new thread but I am having trouble getting the datafile to work. I have unzipped it and renamed it to datafile.txt and placed it in the data folder as is required but when I get into gameplay nothing has changed. Is there something else I am supposed to do?

Thanks in advance!

I have done exactly what you said ez, however, The camera views are still the default views. :(

If you installed it correctly, then make sure you are also using the views that were modded. Perhaps you are thinking that more views were changed than were. Also, remove the file & then play & see if you notice a difference in the views.

Edit: Are you sure you did not put the datafile.txt into a folder within the data folder? Check to see if you actually have the datafile.txt in the data folder.

I didn't want to start a new thread but I am having trouble getting the datafile to work. I have unzipped it and renamed it to datafile.txt and placed it in the data folder as is required but when I get into gameplay nothing has changed. Is there something else I am supposed to do?

Thanks in advance!

Why would you have to rename the file in the first place? It sounds like you did something wrong. Try reinstalling the download again to the data folder & overwrite the file that was there. Just as a curiosity question. Are you sure that you did not create a new folder within the data folder where your datafile.txt may have been put?

Just as a point to take into account, you ARE talking about the FILE, NOT the FOLDER, correct? (the thing that is colored yellow is a folder, not a file) If you are naming the yellow thing, then you are doing it wrong, because that is not a file at all.

Big Shmooz,

Thanks for your help. I have installed it in the MVP Baseball 2005/data folder, I did not create another folder. The reason I had to rename it was because I downloaded the datafile that combines camera angles, spitoons walk fix, etc. and once its readme states that after unzipping the file it must be renamed datafile.txt. The reason I know it is not working is because, among other things, I am still getting the annoying foul ball replays that were supposed to be eliminated.

Big Shmooz,

Thanks for your help. I have installed it in the MVP Baseball 2005/data folder, I did not create another folder. The reason I had to rename it was because I downloaded the datafile that combines camera angles, spitoons walk fix, etc. and once its readme states that after unzipping the file it must be renamed datafile.txt. The reason I know it is not working is because, among other things, I am still getting the annoying foul ball replays that were supposed to be eliminated.

If you post the name of the file you downloaded, I will try G-D willing to download it myself if you want, & test to see if it works. (if somebody has not yet posted a solution by the time I read your response)

Archived