Crashing back to the destop!

jpup

I just had a crash back to the desktop. It was really weird because this was in the middle of the game. I just installed SerialMike's NAC v2. I played 1 game against the A's and all was fine until about the 4th inning of the 2nd game. Is this definitely a stadium problem?

Crash and kickout...or just minimize to the desktop?

PC specs pls

crashes completely back to the desktop. the game stops completely.

it has nothing to do with my cpu.

2.8 ghz

9600 xt

256 mb ram

i have played probably 50 games and never had this problem until I installed that stadium. I will take it out and see what happens.

Did you hit alt-tab or did anything pop-up like an IM window?? Cause with NVidia cards, if anything minimizes your game window, it will cause it to crash. If you didn't do anything at all, and nothing popped up to minimize the window, then it could just be a random graphics driver failure. If it consistantly happens, then it could be a problem with something you downloaded.

I've had a handful of times where I'm in the middle of a game, and the game will crash and totally reboot my computer. I haven't pinpointed the problem yet, but fortunately it's only happened rarely.

Jerry-

If your computer is not only crashing, but then restarting, then it is most likely a graphics driver failure. Make sure you have the most up to date drivers for your card, and if you do, check that you have enough RAM to run the game.

Philliesphan-

The minimizing crash thing is a documented bug with any NVidia card (and only with NVidia for some reason), hopefully the next patch will correct this, but i wouldn't count on it.

Jerry-

If your computer is not only crashing, but then restarting, then it is most likely a graphics driver failure.

If you have XP, you can always check your event viewer (system):

Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type eventvwr.msc

It'll give you a better idea of what is going on with your system.

If you have XP, you can always check your event viewer (system):

Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type eventvwr.msc

It'll give you a better idea of what is going on with your system.

And if you don't have XP then you should kick yourself constantly until you get it.

Archived