To help getting less shuttering.

marc317

sounds kinda risky if you flash your bios to a fire GL card and something goes wrong you could have unrepairable problems w/ your card.

Edit: I just noticed the freefireGL thing I will definitely give that a try.

Well it did not help my minor stuttering at all, but it was interesting anyways, and I havent had any problems yet. I did not do the bios flash and all that I just installed the Forsage driver. Which steps did you do exactly?

I looked at the INF for the FreeFireGL ones they are dated from october 6, 2003. That would be like catalsyt 3.10. If you play any other games, I dont think it would be a good idea to install these. The performance increase maybe due to the older drivers themselves not the firegl mod. From what I read gamers do not benefit from having a firegl or firegl modded card, but for some other applications there is a huge difference. In the forsage package there are some other mods to try out based on your card. For example I have a 9700pro and there is a mod for 9700pro@9800XT. I am not having much luck as far as performance increases though.

Archived