your dynasty story

Daftshadow

my best record with a team in dynasty mode is with the Yankees 113-49. this is in 2015-2016 season. the team went 11-0 during the postseason. first time this ever happened for me. i have all of these cpu generated players but they are really good. most of my batters have 90+ for contact and power. there are about 2 or 3 that have 80+ for contact and power. two of my batters have won the AL MVP. my bullpen is ok. i have 3 great starters; one of them won the CY Young, 2 decent starters, and an average relief rotation. and a pretty good closer.

i remember before managing the Yankees, i was with the Cleveland Indians. had 2 losing seasons, manage to make some good trades and signing free agents, made it to the postseason as a wildcard for my final year of my contract and lost in the first round. my contract was extended for another 3 years, barely missed the postseason for my 4th year. for my 5th and 6th years, won 2 consecutive world series. i declined the offer to manage them again, and signed with the Yankees. mostly because of their payroll and because i needed a change of scenery. i think the Yankees bank was at $330 million when i took over. made it to the postseason every year, and won 3 consecutive world series 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016. i wonder how long this consecutive title streak can go? im shooting for a total of 6 consecutive titles. my only competition is the KC Royals. they have 4 players that consistently produce 50+ homers each season but always lose to me during the postseason. one player named segui, i forgot his firstname, managed to hit 69 homers in a season.

i love this game.

Do you sim games or play them?

Anyway, I'm making my way through my first season in Florida. Currently sitting happy with a 17-5 record on a 9 game winning streak. Nearly lost the last game @ Philly though. 5-3 down, top of the 9th, 2 outs. Then I remembered how to hit the ball, got 2 runs before the last out, stopped them scoring. Then first pitch of the 10th Miguel Cabrera popped one over 400ft out over centre field to make it 6-5, and there it stayed. Go Marlins.

Leading batters

Juan Pierre 3 HR and 10 RBI @ .374

Miguel Cabrera 9HR and 22RBI @ .347 (second to Manny Ramirez (10) in HR table)

Leading pitchers

Josh Beckett 1.11 ERA , 5-1 record

A.J. Burnett 1.38 ERA, 5-1

Al Leiter 1.44 ERA, 5-1

Also Mike Lowell is 3rd in HR table on 8 :D

Archived