PooN's Complete Yankee Major/Minors 1.0 (w/ Portraits)

poonani

Version 1.0 will be released later today (Sunday) in both sav and .met formats.

It is the earliest version of this comprehensive work on the Yankees minor league system. Version 1.0 includes portraits for every single player on all 4 teams. 30+ were created by myself, while the rest are covered by Hory's Total Portraits project. Future versions will be more heavily tweaked and battle tested more thoroughly in dynasty mode. I also plan on making several dozen of CAPs for additional lower level prospects for future addition to your rosters as players begin assignment in Low Class A and Rookie leagues in June. Lastly, several face mods will be done for selected AAA and AA guys who i feel have a greater chance of making the bigs. The list im aiming for right now includes: Eric Duncan, Robinson Cano, Melky Cabrera, Chien-Ming Wang, Steven White, and Marcos Vechionacci.

Sources for ratings:

BaseballAmerica

BaseballProspectus

PinstripesPlus

John Sickels' Prospect Listings + Minorleagueball.com

Nyyfans.com

Scouting videos from perfectgame.com, baseballamerica and MLB.com

Several Staten Island and Clippers games on TV

Assorted other prospect-related sites.

My aim for this project was to not only make the rosters as accurate as possible, but to also not overrate the players and throw the entire system out of wack (like some of the other updates ive noticed have done). Unfortunately there is a certain amount of problems because the assortment of talent in the default rosters is not layed out very well. There are players in the A level leagues who could rake in AAA and vice versa. In addition, many of the pitchers in the lower levels have very low velocity fastballs, in contrast with real life prospects. I tried to counter this with lower control ratings, but theres only so far you can go with them.

In addition, these rosters are not completely the same as the real life rosters for Columbus/Trenton/Tampa, as that would leave out a great # of prospects who are in Charleston or in Extended Spring Training. Any players who are in a level higher than they should be will have a slight dip in their ratings due to age/level.

Lastly, i put a good amount of work into tweaking the major league team based off of scouting reports from inside edge and anticipation of future performance. Edited all of the pitchers as many had wrong pitches/velocities, and some positional players were overrated/underrated (Matsui underrated, Womack overrated)

Thanks to MarkBTheYankee, Hory for his Portraits, and all the other modders on here who don't have egos :)

If you have any problems, or have any suggestions please post them here so i can tend to them when i have time. I do not have a timetable for future versions as that is based on how much free time i have. I'll keep everyone posted though.

Columbus Clippers:

http://tinypic.com/4idixk

Trenton Thunder:

http://tinypic.com/4idiyp

Tampa Yankees:

http://tinypic.com/4idiz4

I'll bump this later today once i got it uploaded.

Archived