How you can have Total Classics and Minors Leagues too!!!

mflv

I have both the standard MVP Baseball 2005 and Total Classics installed on the C drive. They do share the MVP Baseball Directory in My Documents however but that really hasn't posed any problems what so ever thus far - that I have noticed anyway.

I had MVP Baseball 2005 installed as normal in Program Files/EASports under directory MVP Baseball 2005. Prior to installing Total Classics I copied the MVP Baseball 2005 directory to another location. I then installed Total Classics over the one that remained in the Program Files/EASports directory. Once completed I renamed that directory from MVP Baseball 2005 to Total Classics Baseball 2005 and created a separate Icon on the Desktop for it. Finally, I moved MVP Baseball 2005, which I had copied to another location previously, back into the Program Files/EASports directory.

I have not had any problems thus far just clicking on the one I wanted to play. Knowing that the profile, sav & dynasty files are all being shared in the My Documents folder hasn't caused me any known problems.

Perhaps I am missing something here and would appreciate anyone letting know why I shouldn't be doing things this way. But it worked for 2004 and I have no idea why it wouldn't work for 2005.

Other than the added disk capacity required having both installed simultaneously and the sharing of the my Documents directory I see no problems with this.

Thanks,

Don

Stecropper,

I set mine up as you suggested above and it appears to work just fine, thanks for posting this !!!!

I do have a question though. On future releases of mods and the like, will the automatic installers work with this type of setup?? I guess what I'm wondering is if I'll still be able to apply mods to both of the game directories. Two separete installs, one going to each directory..........Do you know ???

Of course, if the mod is specific to the classics I will only install it to the directory where the classic roster set is installed.

Thanks

I copied my original MVP 2005 folder and then renamed it to 'Total Classics 2005'. I then made a new shortcut. When I installed the first patch I browsed to the new folder. So far I haven't had any problems. You just need to hold the Left-Shift key when you put in the CDROM, otherwise the autoplay will run the original game.

I hope any future automatic installer will not assume that MVP 2005 is installed to the default folder. I have multiple partitions and don't install games to the C: drive. As long as you can point to the folder you want, you sholld be able to install any patch to multiple folders.

I bow to greater wisdom (not to mention less work). I have copied by files from my second hard drive into a separate directory on my primary hard drive and created a Classics .exe shortcut. Worked like a charm without even having to reinstall, since it was already installed. Thanks guys.

I copied my original MVP 2005 folder and then renamed it to 'Total Classics 2005'. I then made a new shortcut. ...

i did the same thing last year. it's a lot cheaper than buying another drive :wink: last year i had no problems. i havent yet dl'd total classics this year but i will.

Archived