How do I use Red Sox rosters without crashing the game?

ReddShadoe

I couldn't play games when I downloaded the Red Sox Organizational Roster set; figured it may have had to do with my profile expecting the original roster, so I uninstalled MVP2005. I reinstalled it, and this time did not create a profile. Played a game in Dynasty Mode with the original rosters. Then I got out and installed the Red Sox Org Roster, and now the game crashes as it's loading aftyer I select the stadium. ("MVP2005 has encountered an error and needs to shut down").

Here is how I installed it:

Opened MVPEdit 2005.4

File>Import> DAT Files (pointed to E:MVPBaseball 2005datadatabase)

Chose to save this file as E:MVPEditRob.mbe when MVPEdit asked me.

Checked to see that A. Friese was the first baseman for Boston, to be sure I had the original rosters from EA.

File>Import>Team (pointed to the folder where I had downloaded the roster set.)

Chose Boston_RedSox_05_Roster_1.4.met, and replaced the Boston Red Sox.

Chose Pawtucket_RedSox_05_Roster_2.1.met, and replaced the Pawtucket Red Sox.

Chose Portland_SeaDogs_05_Roster_1.6.met, and replaced the Portland Sea Dogs.

Chose Wilmington_BlueRocks_05_Roster_1.7.met, and replaced the Wilmington Blue Rocks.

Checked all 4 rosters to be sure they had real players (Kevin Millar stands out)

File>Export>DAT Files (pointed again to E:MVPBaseball2005datadatabase

Chose "Yes" when prompted to overwrite.

Started up MVP, chose "no" when asked to create a profile, chose to play exhibition: StL @ BOS. Went through all the screens (saw Millar on the roster), chose Fenway (Dusk? Night?), loading screen came up, then crashed to desktop.

Any suggestions? I GUESS I could live without real minor leaguers, but I can't stand having a 95-year-old black man in place of Kevin Millar. (Nice to see all the fake players aren't white, but WHY the white beard?)

My first guess would be, did you install the kevin millar cyberface? If not, do so, or change his face # to 901 instead of 408. But usually it doesn't crash til it shows him on the screen, not during stadium load up.

Usually when it crashes there it's something wrong with the stadium, are you using the default fenway? Don't use EZcorn's fenway from 2004 cuz it will crash right where it did.

Your profile should have nothing todo with it.

I just changed the face number now, and played the first dynasty game, then simmed to the end of April, played another game, simmed through AllStar Break, played another game, simmed another month, then crashed when I tried to play the DRays. Weird. I'm using the default Fenway.

I just changed the face number now, and played the first dynasty game, then simmed to the end of April, played another game, simmed through AllStar Break, played another game, simmed another month, then crashed when I tried to play the DRays. Weird. I'm using the default Fenway.

Try playing the Devil Ray's in an exhibition game (not against Boston) & see if the game crashes. (use the same lineup/pitcher as you had on Tampa when the game crashed)

I'll check that out later today, have to go to work...I won't try substituting Yankee players though, because based on their recent performance, they would not only crash, but also burn. ;)

I switched to Ultimate ROsters by the way last night, and have played the first 3 games of the dynasty without issue, but all my minor leaguers below AAA are fake. I think it has to be something with the Red SOx roster set, but something I'm doing, because nobody else is complaining. I also want to use the Phillies and Yankees sets that were made, but that doesn't look likely now...

I'll check that out later today, have to go to work...I won't try substituting Yankee players though, because based on their recent performance, they would not only crash, but also burn. ;)

I switched to Ultimate ROsters by the way last night, and have played the first 3 games of the dynasty without issue, but all my minor leaguers below AAA are fake. I think it has to be something with the Red SOx roster set, but something I'm doing, because nobody else is complaining. I also want to use the Phillies and Yankees sets that were made, but that doesn't look likely now...

Hey... if you PM me your e-mail address, I will do you a favor. I have done some cool editing on his roster to make things more realistic as far as body equipment & looks & other minor stuff such as batting stances & corrected jersey numbers etc... Anyway, if you want I can send it your way.

Hey... as far as the substitution of Yankee players... that was low... (just kidding) Hey.. you wait, & watch how dem Yankee's are gonna blow by every team in baseball & win it all this year. Mark dem words!!!!

Archived