Bonds cyberface+pic loaded in MVPedit still not in game?!?

MattUNCC

ok... i used BigGUI for SqueegeDeadleys Bonds cyberface... i unrared it, loaded the list... imported the 3 files, compressed them.... cyberface is #607......... opened MYPedit 2005.4 and changed jon dowds face to 607 and it showed up as bonds..... so that was good...... then i changed his name to barry bonds... it worked and i saved it as bonds.mbe ....... aslo put his pic in from another file and it worked as well.... saved it...... so now when i open MVPedit and load bonds.mbe and go to giants there is no more dowd only bonds with his cyberface and pic...... i then hit export and export that file to mvp baseball 2005 data and it says some stuff at the bottom like transfering vs right hand vs left hand yada yada and then it says complete...... so now im thinkin that when i start MVP bonds should be there... well guess what... hes not! its still dowds goofy white tail with no sign of anything i did in MVPedit... does anyone have any clue whats wrong or how i can fix this? i thought i did everything right......

it depends on the roster you are using. if you are using a roster- change the name of SD's files to 029 b4 importing via big gui then after go back into mvp edit reassign AUDIO/PHOTO to 092 and FACE to 029. hope this helps. ps- who's roster are you using?

First of all, did you download Zach Day's cyberface? If you did & did not change numbers, you in fact overwrote Barry Bonds's cyberface. In my rosters I changed Day's cyberface number to 608 (both cyberfaces as uploaded, use number 607, so you need to change one or the other & then change it in MVP edit & save it to your rosters.)

Here is another thought. Go & import your rosters that you are using currently in-game to an .mbe file via mvpedit. Then check out in the mvpedit what number the cyberface is. This may clear your problem. if it's not 607, change it & then re-export the file back to your roster in game.

im using squeegedeadleys cyberface #607 and someone elses audio/photo #92... all i have installed is the 2 mvp patches from EA... the 1st is the roster update and the 2nd is the one that was "supposed" to correct lags.. and i still get some wierd graphics glitch when i skip cutscenes.. but thats a whole other story... anyways thats all i have in.. i save the roster with bonds as bonds.mbe and then i export it to my mvp data file and it says complete....... maybe im an idiot bc this is my first time attempting something like this......... i havent been able to find a step-by-step on here but if i could i wouldnt post on the forum like this..... maybe i need a step ny step on how to put the .mbe into a roster save or somethin ...since ive already exported it to my mvp data file and that didnt seem to do anything.....

Ok, let me understand, you never downloaded Zach Day's cyberface from MVP mods & installed it? You imported into the models.big file the cyberface # 607 of Barry Bonds . You also did the following things in the same order I am about to say. You opened your roster file in MVP edit (a file that ends with a .mbe) & proceeded to change the cyberface number of Barry Bonds to 607 in MVP edit. You then exported the file from MVP edit to the database folder & you are still seeing Barry Bonds in the game as a white cyberface?

no... i unrared the bonds cyberface and audio/photo and used biggui to add and compress and then i went in and edited jon dowds face to #607 and his audio video to #092 like the files told me to do.. then i changed his name to barry bonds and saved it as bonds.mbe ( b/c now the cyberface and pic were showin up in place of dowd like they should in mvpedit) and expoted it to mvp data file using mvpedit.. so now there should be no more jon dowd in my game but he still shows up with his name and his goofy white face......

I didn't read through the whole thread but did you try and start a new dynasty since making the changes? He won't show up with your existing dynasty. Also make sure you exported it to the datadatabase folder. If it doesn't ask you to overwite then you are in the wrong folder.

no... i unrared the bonds cyberface and audio/photo and used biggui to add and compress and then i went in and edited jon dowds face to #607 and his audio video to #092 like the files told me to do.. then i changed his name to barry bonds and saved it as bonds.mbe ( b/c now the cyberface and pic were showin up in place of dowd like they should in mvpedit) and expoted it to mvp data file using mvpedit.. so now there should be no more jon dowd in my game but he still shows up with his name and his goofy white face......

Ok... I see what you did. The reason why it is still showing up as Jon Dowd is because you did not export the roster to the proper folder. You need to export it to the database folder (a folder that is contained WITHIN the data folder), not the data folder.

I didn't read through the whole thread but did you try and start a new dynasty since making the changes? He won't show up with your existing dynasty. Also make sure you exported it to the datadatabase folder. If it doesn't ask you to overwite then you are in the wrong folder.

You are correct. It seems his mistake was that he did not put the rosters to the database folder.

oh praise the heavens it works... thanks a lot for everyones help.... im such a noob at this.... now i just need to change his stats and other attributes bc when he came up to the plate it was his face with a white body hahahahaha........ anyone know where i can get the proper attributes (last seasons stats, hot/cold zones...) to input along with skin tone body size etc etc.......?

I apologize for asking, but can you be more specific as to what you mean by "all this"? What exactly do you do & in what order? With this info perhaps I can help. If you post something that triggers a realization of a mistake that you made, I can point it out to you. (like the mistake MattUNCC made by putting the files into the wrong folder)

Archived