The Official "Homegrown" Roster Thread

HypnoxXx

A while ago, I spoke on the idea of creating a roster where players return to the team that drafted them. The idea was met with some success, but once I signed on with llcmac for Ultimate Rosters, it laid dormat for a while. Since I'm currently waiting on tweaks before releasing v1.1 of Ultimate Rosters, I've picked up the Homegrown project again. I'll probably release a beta sometime this week to see if its worth continuing the idea.

I am getting ready to upload the first version of Homegrown Rosters...I'm considering it a Beta because there are lots of things out of shape about it, but it's still pretty sweet nevertheless...

A) There may still be some minor leaguers still on their current team and NOT on the team that drafted them--PLEASE post any mistakes you find along with info on who drafted them originally...

B) The Lineups and rotations are pretty crappy...The right players are in there, but the ORDER is not any good...I merely added in players (usually in MVPEDIT order: C, 1B, 2B etc.)...

• 2 weeks later...

I left these rosters for dead...They crash and I have no idea how to fix them...

I had taken ultimate rosters and moved players around...That's all...I didn't tweak any ratings or appearances nor did I create or import anyone. And for some reason. Crash city. So I have no idea. If I get bored, I may try again sometime, but I don't have the patience to do it now.

Well, before you decide to leave it for dead, HypnoxXx, would it be possible for you to post the changes you had planned to do in the "Mod Request" forum? That way, someone else in the community might be willing to pick up where you left off. This is a mod I'd like to see, if only to see how awesome teams like the Royals and Exp- I mean, Nationals, would be.

If you have MVPEdit, you can download and view the rosters just fine...They just wont export to the game without making it crash. I give anyone full permission to try and duplicate the rosters into a new file that won't crash.

The Homegrown Rosters are ressurected!!

After being retarded for a while, I thought to myself--say, Ultimate Rosters crashed because we went over the player limit, perhaps Homegrown Rosters is over the limit...And yep, it was. A few deletions later, and the Homegrown Roster set is back on its feet. The fixed version will be uploaded tonight!

Archived