Not studdering but hitching gameplay...

teryglenn1

Anyone else have little slowdowns when playing? I am running a 9800 pro latest drivers.

I have the same Video Card and are getting the SAME issues.

I DO NOT have KC's Mod and STLL have problems.

I've been on this topic for weeks and STILL no solution.

I contacted EA and here is what they say:

Response (Carlos F.) 04/15/2005 10:13 AM

Hello,

Thank you for contacting EA technical support. I am sorry that you are having difficulty.

I'm afraid this game is not officially supported to run on a laptop computer, as the video, sound and support chipsets are often 'trimmed down' to save on power, weight and cost. This can often cause problems with games software, which makes significantly higher demands on your hardware than traditional Windows applications.

As such, although we will always try to assist users in getting our games to run on laptops, we cannot guarantee success.

You can try updating the drivers for your sound and video cards, to drivers that are compatible with DirectX 9 or the version that you are using on your machine (refer to machine vendor if not 100% sure!). These updated drivers are available from your card manufacturers' web sites, the web addresses should be provided with documentation that came with the product.

Also, I would recommend setting your desktop resolution to 800x600 using 16 bit color depth before starting the game. This can be changed by right clicking on the Windows desktop and selecting "Properties", then going into the "Settings" tab.

When the drivers have been updated to the latest versions and the game will still not work then it will probably not be able to run with your configuration.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you,

Electronic Arts Technical Support

Hope it helps you,

It did *$$%%&** all for me.

Archived