Haha... CPU is retarded

Wolverineman

Okay, situation is bottom of the 9th, I'm at bat. Game is tied 3-3. I have a runner on third and 1 out. My cleanup hitter is up. First two pitches are barely out of hte zone high, but I'm trying to hit a sac fly so I swing at both and miss, making the count 0-2. What does the computer do? Intentionally walk me. I'm serious. They then walked the next guy and after that I hit a single to left to win. But I'm still stunned about what the CPU did in the first place. Why throw two pitches, get it to 0-2, then walk them? Haha. Anyone else notice anything completely stupid the CPU(or yourself, for that matter) has done?

Lol. Actually the stupidest thing I have done is something I do consistantly, I don't pay attention to how many outs there are. This causes some stupid throws which have led to many extra runs. And twice recently I've forgotten which INNING it was and brought in a middle reliever in a save situation, or my closer in the 7th inning.

Only thing like that I've has is when it threw a ball on a 3-1 count to my pitcher with the bases loaded, which has gotta be the easiest run I've ever had. But it does also like to throw 0-2 pitches from LHP to Mike Lowell inside left in the 7th. They tend to go a long way over left field to gift me the win.

I very often forget how many outs there are and don't go for the double play when there's only one out.

• 2 months later...

There was this one time with 1 out in the bottom of the 9th tie game and a runner on first and I was pitching. The batter hit a long fly ball easily at least to the Right CF wall. Both my CF and RF had no chance of getting to it in time to make a catch on the fly. The runner on first was so dumb. He went only half was to second base while the ball was the air. Meanwhile the batter keeps running and is like two feet behind the first runner when the ball lands. I threw the ball in and both the runners were on third. So I taunted the Computer and let my 1st baseman tag one of them out.

If the runner on first had just ran the whole time he would have scored and ended the game. I ended up winning in the 10th. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Lol. Actually the stupidest thing I have done is something I do consistantly, I don't pay attention to how many outs there are. This causes some stupid throws which have led to many extra runs. And twice recently I've forgotten which INNING it was and brought in a middle reliever in a save situation, or my closer in the 7th inning.

Statistics have proven that, more often than not, games are decided in the 7th inning. But I'm not sure if this applies to MVP. So try using your best relievers in the 7th and see what that gets you.

Archived