Darrell Porter Cyberface Project

peterbernard

I was playing Fuzz's Total Classics Phase 2, with Christy Mathewson pitching to the 1977 KC Royals, when suddenly Darrell Porter came up to bat and I was overcome with strange emotions. You may or may not remember Darrell Porter, he was the MVP of the 1982 World Series and a 3-time all-star who also made headlines for difficulties in his personal life, and he died at the age of 50. But way back in 1974, when he was playing for the Milwaukee Brewers (they were an AL team back then), I went to see the Brewers play the Yankees in the Bronx. Before the game, Porter picked me out of a crowd, yelled, "Hey kid!" and threw me a baseball. My dad caught it, I was awed. No matter what anyone ever says about Darrell Porter to this day, I'll defend him for that one little act of kindness to an awestruck kid.

So I want to make a good cyberface for him so I can get to see him play again, it's a personal thing. But I haven't been able to get good photos of him. If any of you have any old baseball cards or magazine pictures (yearbooks, etc.) of him that you could scan and post or send to me, it would be most appreciated.

I wanna pick him out of a crowd and return the favor, doing something for his memory. Maybe some Brewer or Royal or Cardinal or Ranger fan out there can help out?

Oh yeah, the 70's -- those were the days!!! Rock star ballplayers.

1976cerf.jpg1976sspf.jpg

The one on the left is basically what I'd like to do, I wonder if I can find a larger one and decipher how to adapt Johnny Damon's hair. What is the fsh # for Damon's hair again, I bookmarked it on the wrong computer.

Archived