myrtle beach pelicans (braves single A) finished and up.

RAM

ok, so whoever owns this team must have some major $$$$. because these guys have a huge array of unis. i'm torn between thinking they're really, really COOL or, really really UNUSUAL. regardless, these babies were a blast and a challenge to make!

so... the next installment of the major minor league update project is now complete. the myrtle beach pelicans - single A affiliate of the atlanta braves in 2xlite. redone home whites and road greys and managers jacket. added- official bp alternates with mesh jerseys and caps AND a different managers jacket since colors for these unis are totally different than the standard ones. AND i could not pass up these guys official 80's throwback home alternates, they were just so sweet, and obviously inspired by the old astros look. this is my first attempt at anything "retroish" and i was a little intimidated by them, but all in all i'm happy with them and like i said, they were a blast to make. enjoy and stay tuned...

peliprevu.jpg

LOL- thanks. hey i have a question for anyone who may read this thread. it has been reported to me by a couple of people that when clicking on the download link on my stuff from the home page they get a security error, and have to go to the uniforms section to be able to dload the unis when they are first added. just wondering how widespread this is, and any possible reasons as to why this happens. some say they can acces then from the front page - some not. as an experiment i have tried and get the security error too that states: "the html tags you are using are not allowed" or something to that effect, yet i can dload any other file on the homepage without problem. hgowever if i go to the mvp 05 uniform section i can click and it brings up the the download screen as normal. i use firefox and the others w/ this problem are using a variety of browsers, so that theory is out the window. thanks.

ram - I get that problem too. It's not a big deal, as I just go to the Downloads page instead of the homepage. It would be nice if it could get fixed, but it's not a big deal.

P.S. I use Firefox also.

yeah no biggie you're right but irritating nonetheless. wonder if anyone knows what the deal is?

• 3 weeks later...

RAM, I see nobody else has mentioned this, so I imagine I'm wrong, but... I've tried twice to add these uniforms. I see all of them in the selection menu, and I have successfully used one of the BP uniforms, but the main away uniforms are the same ones that were originally in the game. Not a HUGE deal since I only see them on road trips (Blue Rocks' first series though), but I know you updated the road jersey, right?

EDIT: Just to be sure, I went ahead and used your installer for the home and away jerseys (after I had already installed all the others using MVP Studio). Same results...I see your home and road jerseys in the selection screen, but in the game, they are the same pixellated 1x jerseys that EA provided. Th weird part is that the BP jerseys and the Rainbow jerseys both work fine, in 2x. Are you sure you included your home and away jerseys in the package, and not the originals?

hmmm yeah of course i updated them all, let me take a look..... haven't heard anything about it but let me check i'll be right back man. i'm forgetful sometimes after i spend days on a team pack.

ok sorry to bump this but, yeah i just double checked the zip i uploaded and everything is in order on my end. make sure you are trying to import the u107b file correctly via fuzz one studio. they should be wearing adidas cleats and have white w green louisville slugger batting gloves . double check that, it may be the bgloves that are throwing you off, because it seems to me that ea modeled their bgloves after these. let me know. other than that it MAY be a corrupted file which i doubt but if it is i can email you the road pack on it's own.

EDIT- take a look at the preview pic up top there at the road uni. very bottom right. do they look like that? also load up the game and play as myrtle beach real quick but use the road jerseys. now after the first pitch bring out the manager to argue does his jacket look like mine up top there in the preview screen i posted? if yes they are installed if not i can resend you the road files it's a small folder.

Sorry, I didn't know you would reply so fast, I edited my response...anyway, I can't tell from that pic, the detail isn't high enough there. What I'm seeing is the same pixelated script that the game had originally. Only the two jerseys that EA proveded are giving me this problem.

EDIT...checking the manager's jacket...it does look like the one in your pic...I'm assuming the original was just blank. SO then they are installed...I don't understand why the jerseys are still 1x then. I can only describe it as having an ugly blocky yellow trim around "Pelicans" and "Myrtle Beach". I did note that they were wearing black cleats that looked like adidas, and the gloves were green and white.

the jerseys aren't in 1x they are in 2xlite 192x192. the reason they may appear pixelated to you is because well, they are ugly logos. they are supposed to have that cheesy yellow and aqua "flash" around them. might be because of that they are looking really pixelated on your screen.

pelicanpixel1.jpg

edit yes they do appear a little pixelated, but that may be due to the above facts regarding the outline. the combination of colrs seems to bleed together some. looks as if ea's defaults had the same problem. i'll see if they can be tweaked in version 2 some, but i don't know if they can be. i also notice the default fonts (which i used) appear a little pixelated as well. it is because of the color combination.

and ps - yes the original mngrs jacket was totally different. and also the jerseys you see in the selection screen are actual images form the uniforms files that i did, reduced to 1x for the uni selection screen ONLY. the files in the ufsh are in 2xlite.

Wow, after using the BP uniforms, I kind of started thinking "Hey maybe...no...they couldn't just BE that ugly, could they?"

But yes, now that you mention it, it would be hard to get aqua and yellow to blend and not look horrible.

Thanks for the quick replies!

no problem bro, LOL yes they really are that ugly. the minor leagues do some interesting things, that are a little off the wall. but that's half the fun of the project. the drawback is that a lot of the teams logos are nowhere to be found in comparison to the MLB. just google myrtle beach pelicans logo vs. boston red sox logo, you'll see a remarkable difference. the other thing is when all is said and done if you think about it you're trying to make something square look round. add to that the the pelicans jersey logo is already sloppy and it becomes a strange situation. actually i cleaned them up as much as possible. if only they would look at their bp jerseys and see the light. enjoy them for the ugly things they are.

Archived