flourescent baseball

Padres67

I love many of the new features in 2005 that are not in 2004-however one thing that is irritating me about 2005-the ball. It looks flourescent compared to 2004-I still play 2004 because the baseball looks more realistic. Is there a way to make the ball less flourescent looking-it doesnt fit in -the rest of the graphics and gameplay are great except this one thing. Any possible mods for this? Has anyone else noticed this?

I know there was a ball mod that someone did almost as soon as the game came out...it should be in the download section somewhere...maybe Miscellaneous?

Everyone is different, but I can't believe you are choosing 2004 over 2005 because of only the ball issue. 2005 is such a better game...tighter...more customizable...better/more animations, etc. Not a knock...just seems like a strange reason to stay with 2004 when 2005 is a lot better...

When you say 'more flourescent', do you mean the ball itself or the batter's eye option which shows you which pitch is coming?

If that's the case (i.e. the red for breaking pitch, white for fastball, green for changeup, etc)... you can turn the batter's eye option off in the options menu.

I know that there is at least 1 ball download, Spitoon's Ball Download, in the download's section. Try it out.

I am playing 2005 almost exclusively-but I sometimes play 2004 because the ball is more realistic looking-I'm not talking about the hitter's eye-I found that distracting and turned it off-The ball is a bright white-balls dont look like that in a game-I will try the download thanks

Archived