Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MVP in widescreen!

153 posts in this topic

Posted

Interesting. But I was wonder if my monitor is not wide screen, will inable wide cause problem for my monitor? Especially, if it doesn't support at the resolution?

Posted

So does that mean that 1600x1200 is possible?

Posted

So does that mean that 1600x1200 is possible?

it should

Found solution for MVP 2005!!!

First, you need a hex editor.

It can be downloaded at http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/free...xvi32/xvi32.htm

Second, backup your mvp2005.exe file under C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005 and make a copy.

Third, load mvp2005.exe into the hex editor.

Fourth, in this part, you will change 800x600 mode to 1920x1200.

Find (ctrl + F) ' 20 03 00 00 58 02 '

Overwrite it with ' 80 07 00 00 B0 04 '

Now, there is one more ' 20 03 00 00 58 02 ', find it (ctrl + F) and

Overwrite it with ' 80 07 00 00 B0 04 ' Again.

Fifth, Save it (mvp2005.exe) and Run it!

That's it!

When you go to the game menu, you will fine '1920 x 1200' instead of '800 x 600'.

1920 x 1200 mode perfectly running without any major error. (although you gotta have a good video card to anable high visuall quality)

PS. for 1680 x 1050, put ' 90 06 00 00 1A 04 '

ok

800 in hex is 320

600 in hex is 258

the 800x600 string in the exe is

20 03 00 00 58 02

convert from little endian

02 58 00 00 03 20

notice the 258 & 320

1600 in hex is 640

1200 in hex is 4B0

so for 1600x1200 string would be

04 b0 00 00 06 40

now convert to little endian

40 06 00 00 b0 04

so

Find (ctrl + F) ' 20 03 00 00 58 02 '

Overwrite it with ' 40 06 00 00 b0 04 '

now if you computer blows up do not blame me

Posted

my question is this really widescreen or just streathing the normal 4:3 screen?

Posted

On those forums they have some screenshots with Tiger Woods and it seems to be legit.

Posted

all it does is stretch the image

click for bigger image, notice the red lines

wide6uh.th.jpg

normal3bm.th.jpg

Posted

all it does is stretch the image

wide6uh.th.jpg/quote]

That's not good. Doesn't give the game a true wide screen and it actually distort the image.

Posted

Stupid question, I do apologize. Is there a way to play mvp on my 52" hdtv and still get good quality? Though PC i mean. I have xbox version as well but my friend and I want to use latest stats. Thks guys. Sorry if its a bit off topic.

Posted

crashes me everytime mvp2005.exe error

Posted

you screwed up while hex editing

I does work, but most video cards have options to stretch the image

if your video card does not have the option, some widescreen monitor also have the option, I know my dell does

Posted

i tried it multiple times, edit overwrite line, i dunno.

BFG 7800GT HDTV out

Posted

Blendmodez, you have to overwrite two lines, they are one after the other. Two people said it worked fine on a dell 2405 fpw, I have a 2005 fpw and its stretched. :shrug:

Do any datafile experts know of possible aspect ratio values when editing cameras? FOV is set for 4:3 so when changing that its still stretched.

Posted

Blendmodez, you have to overwrite two lines, they are one after the other. Two people said it worked fine on a dell 2405 fpw, I have a 2005 fpw and its stretched. shrug

Do any datafile experts know of possible aspect ratio values when editing cameras? FOV is set for 43 so when changing that its still stretched.

is it possible to change FOV from 4:3 to 16:9/16:10 using the datafile?

Posted

when i first tried this (back when i was posting as go tribe), it was stretched on my dell 2005 - since then i rebuilt my pc with a new cpu, nforce 4 mb and 7800 gt . tried it again and it's not stretched - this is with the mvp2006 conversion installed

weird

Posted

What I would like to know is there anyway we can use this idea to make the menus run at 1280x1024? 800x600 BLOWS!

Posted

can someone help me get 1280 x 720 please

Posted

is it possible to use 1200 x 800 resolution with MVP 2005 ?

if so how ?

in the My MVP options section under Video Settings the max the game seems to allow is 1024 x 768.

thank you in advance for your help.

paldragons

Posted

I was actually thinking about tweaking the resolution myself. 1024x768 could be the maximum your video card (or monitor) will allow. I'm not at home right now so I can't verify .. anyone else?

Posted

my max graphics settin is 1200 x 800 ati 9600 so it should be possible its just not allowed in the game "normally".

I was hoping there would be some kinda hack out ther that somone would know about that I could try to force the game to let me use that resolution.

Posted

According to this thread, you should be able to follow the steps listed here to achieve the resolution you are seeking.

Posted

now if i could get Kaw the mod guy to come onto this thread and do his little fancy indian conversion deal for 1200x800 resolution id be impressed.

cause I really don't understand personally how he converted those number over with the other resolutions in that thread.

thanks!

Posted

1200 = B004

800 = 2003

If I did it right.

So in the end you should be replacing the original with:

B0 04 00 00 20 03

Posted

does this enhance gameplay?

Posted

Bump...has anyone tried this? My 17" widescreen laptop runs at 1440X900...my MVP looks like crap, has anyone gotten this trick to work successfuly at widescreen?

Posted

I want 1440X900 for my widescreen monitor...has anyone tried that hack for it? Does it look normal or does it just stretch the picture?

Posted

works great for me at 1680x1050

Posted

but it is stretched right?

What do you mean when you say stretched? Does it look normal? I don't understand when people say stretched what that means.

Posted

What do you mean when you say stretched? Does it look normal? I don't understand when people say stretched what that means.

It means they are taking a 4:3 image or 5:4 image and stretching it to be 16:9 or widescreen.

Example:

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/8789/wide6uh.jpg

That screenshot is obviously distorted.

Posted

It would probably stretch the image, but you might could change the aspect ratio in the datafile. Others have mentioned that as a possibility.

Posted

So if i "stretch" the image, i can change the aspect ratio and it would look like a normal widescreen game?

Posted

I'm not 100% sure. Kraw have you had any luck changing the aspect ratio in the datafile?

Posted

i have a hdtv tv, how do i put mvp in that resolution?

1192x690 or 1280x720 ( a little oversized but will do!)

Posted

there are a number of mentions of 'FOV' in both the datafile and the .exe but I can't determine which would change it.

Posted

Man this really stinks, only way i will get back into MVP is if i can get it in widescreen for my laptop, and it sounds like there is no true fix. Looks like i won't be playing baseball sims anymore

Posted

Man this really stinks, only way i will get back into MVP is if i can get it in widescreen for my laptop, and it sounds like there is no true fix. Looks like i won't be playing baseball sims anymore

You won't be playing baseball sims because you can't get them in widescreen???

I can think of a number of reasons to abandon baseball sims (user walks, fatigue issues, poor AI, etc..), but no widescreen?

Posted

soo im asking a lot and i need 1192x690 string for xvi editor

Posted

i need 1192x690 string for xvi editor

A8 04 00 00 B2 02

Posted

Damn...if anybody has gotten it to work, but the image is not squashed/stretched, please post what resolution you are running it and what monitor you have.

About the FOV(field of view) in the datafile, the fov's are for cameras and they don't change the aspect ratio.

Posted

You won't be playing baseball sims because you can't get them in widescreen???

I can think of a number of reasons to abandon baseball sims (user walks, fatigue issues, poor AI, etc..), but no widescreen?

Have you ever seen a game on a widescreen monitor at 1024X768 resolution? It looks horrid, the players look semi-retarded, everything is stretched, its no fun trust me.

Posted

You want to know something funny? I changed the 1280x1024 resolution to 1280x768 with a hex editor. It was stretched..BUT, all of a sudden, THERE IS NO MORE STUDDER WHEN THROWING TO 1ST BASE!! I can't believe it. I'm going to stick with it unless the studder comes back.

Posted

Probably because you decreased the number of pixels. That means the game is using less processing power.

Posted

1440x900 code please?????

Posted

1440x900 code please?????

Read the thread from the beginning, this is the res i have been searching all over for, good luck.

Posted

1449x900 = A0 05 00 00 84 03

GoChiefs, your probablyly right. The only thing is I've had the game play smoothly at that resolution(1028x1024) when I freshly installed some video card drivers once, but after that(changed video card settings, played other games) the studder came back. Plus I use 6xAA and 16xAF when I play mvp. I'll take stretched image over studder any day.

Posted

A8 04 00 00 B2 02

thanks a lot !!!!! my game always crashes when i try to get in to a game. whenever i edit to any resolution it does this could it be cause im using an image as my cd instead of using my actual cd ?

Posted

Can anybody help with a 1280 x 800 string?

Thanks a lot.

Posted

1280 x 800 = 00 05 00 00 20 03