MVP in widescreen!

Go Tribe

i used this resolution changer utility but nothing happened. i'm a total newbie so i can't figure this one on my own. when it asks me what resolution i wanna use i choose 1600 and then 1200 and it says everything's cool and i can choose the new resolution in the game but guess what - i can't. am i doing something wrong?

thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have a Vizio and it fits to the screen very well in normal mode plus you can easily select widescreen on the remote control and it then fills the screen in widescreen mode ----- but it only stretches the image to fit in widescreen mode thus I leave it in normal mode otherwise the players appear a bit to stocky in widescreen mode for my liking ...........

The Vizio really works well for this I think ---- I bought mine a 37" strictly for playing this game and soon plan to upgrade to the 47" or so larger version and give this one to my son.

Homer you certainly have earned it .............. so if my son reject it then it's yours !!!

I'll let you know ----- but then you will have to come to New Orleans and visit my retirement room where your name hangs brightly on the "Wall of Fame" with the other Classic Studs of this Forum .............

Don

• 5 months later...

I'm assuming no solution was ever found to eliminate (or reduce) the stretching on 22" widescreen?

(I'd prefer to just have the black bars on the sides and play in regular resolution, but my monitor only has VISTA drivers and I use XP Pro. d'oh!)

• 1 month later...

I used the hex edit and set it to 1440x900; I had to turn off the crowd to keep from a slight studder and it looks beautiful...I was surprised to see how much of a difference turning off the crowd makes- and I am running a new cpu with 2gigs ram and a 2.00ghz dual processor with a nvidia 7150m card (i think) You can still hear the crowd so I'm not missing that much. Playing total classics 9 with a Philly A's vs Phillies series and it runs as smooth as possible

I'm assuming no solution was ever found to eliminate (or reduce) the stretching on 22" widescreen?

(I'd prefer to just have the black bars on the sides and play in regular resolution, but my monitor only has VISTA drivers and I use XP Pro. d'oh!)

Your monitor drivers shouldn't matter in this case, it's your video card. I know NVIDIA cards have an option to maintain the aspect ratio. When I play MVP, I have "pillarboxing" or black bars on the sides after enabling this option in the NVIDIA contol planel. (it's on the Change Flat Panel Scaling" tab, and the option is called "use nvidia scaling with fixed aspect ratio"

HB

Your monitor drivers shouldn't matter in this case, it's your video card. I know NVIDIA cards have an option to maintain the aspect ratio. When I play MVP, I have "pillarboxing" or black bars on the sides after enabling this option in the NVIDIA contol planel. (it's on the Change Flat Panel Scaling" tab, and the option is called "use nvidia scaling with fixed aspect ratio"

HB

I have a 22" widescreen flat panel, but when I go into my NVIDIA Control Panel I do not have a tab or selection for "Change Flat Panel Scaling."

I have v1.5.2400.14 of the control panel.

My monitor is "Vista Certified" - but I use XP Pro. There *is* no driver available for my monitor for XP Pro.

So - windows calls it a "Plug and Play Monitor."

I think it thinks it's a CRT even tho it's a 22" widescreen flat panel.

i have a dell studio 1735 with the HI-RES 1920x1200... it looks sick!

no stretch, clean and crisp...

i just have to figure out all my mods and xbox 360 controller.

I'd like to see a screenshot of this non-stretched widescreen.

I have a 22" widescreen flat panel, but when I go into my NVIDIA Control Panel I do not have a tab or selection for "Change Flat Panel Scaling."

I have v1.5.2400.14 of the control panel.

My monitor is "Vista Certified" - but I use XP Pro. There *is* no driver available for my monitor for XP Pro.

So - windows calls it a "Plug and Play Monitor."

I think it thinks it's a CRT even tho it's a 22" widescreen flat panel.

If your monitor is connected to your video card with a VGA cable, then I don't think you get that option. I believe it has to be either DVI or HDMI.

I'd like to see a screenshot of this non-stretched widescreen.

I will work on a screen shot, however, when I compare my 15.4 inspiron 8200 to this 17.1 Studio 1735, i can see additional (however slight) outfield advertising signs. The gaming resolution is crisp.

The characters do looked stretched, however, I am able to see more outfield wall. Perhaps my initial exclaimation is incorrect....

If your monitor is connected to your video card with a VGA cable, then I don't think you get that option. I believe it has to be either DVI or HDMI.

Yes, I'm using the HDMI plug instead of the VGA on my monitor. Both of the EA games that I play are correctly "pillar boxed"

My video card isn't too special, Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT.

I haven't used it, but based on the screenshot, I guess you run the file, then input your desired resolution (in your case, enter the width as 1440 and the height as 990) and after that's done and the file has been written, run the new mvp2005.exe file and the new resolution should be listed in your in-game options for, if I remember correctly, video options.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to figure out how to get true widescreen support. I think I'm a step closer.

This is the original 4:3 ratio the game was developed for:

Fov2.jpg

This is with using Ty's res changer. It gives you more pixels but they are stretched. The players look fat. I changed the fov in the datafile to show more of the view but it is still stretched. A true fix would involve adjusting the height fov and width fov separately, so that the players don't all look like they've been on the Andruw Jones donut/enchiladas diet.

Fov.gif

Archived