The Demise Of The Oslb

Gordo

Well, it was short, but sometimes sweet. The OSLB, which started out as the Old Farts League, will close up after this season. It's a shame, because along the way several guys seemed to really enjoy the format while others really showed an inability to handle something that was designed to bring as real and sim of a baseball gaming experience that could be had. You guys missed out. We really had a good thing going with making our own modifications, web page, and even intricate stats at one point, but sometimes something good is difficult to keep going.

I want to really thank some guys instrumental in helping keep things competitive and interesting. First of all Mike was really a go to guy and did our detailed stats one season. He is a great, great player (you don't want to take him on when he's using especially Boston) and is truly the ultimate sim competitor. Dave did a lot for us earlier on with some technical hints and direction as well as roster modifications and I am grateful to him for that. Chris came into the league and was initially the whipping boy. I can't remember how many games he lost in a row, but he didn't care. He just kept chugging along and enjoying the sim experience.... a true good competitor. Neils also only joined us for one season but was a great sport and was dangerous to play at any point in time. Thanks to Kobe, too, for joining us this season and was a very tough player. Very tough. Last but not least, Greg, who has been with us from the start along with Mike, really found his stroke as of late and is currently battling with Mike in our final Finals (4 out of 7 series).

Well... several of us will still be around and will probably do some "on the fly" tournaments, so it's never really dead. And you never know....maybe we'll shift to the 360 console if 2K proves to have any merit this year. And if we do, the priority will be to have as sim of a league as possible.

Thanks to all who have followed along.

Archived