Virus Warning

DonSPa

for those who work on the rosters etc that go into the application folder,i found out to be safe make sure u save a copy somewhere else on the comp when u make changes.I got a virus last night which disables me to being able to

change the folder settings to view hidden files and also it disabled me from being able to set my computers restore.

I made quite a few changes on rosters and now i couldnt get into them to save so that i could format.Luckily i was able to go into safe mode and save them to my other harddrive.So now i know to save roster files ,controller settings etc just like i would for any mods i download.Im gonna get ready to format so probally be a couple hours or sometime tommorrow before i can get back in.Ty ill be sending u another email for a new code *lol*

for those who work on the rosters etc that go into the application folder,i found out to be safe make sure u save a copy somewhere else on the comp when u make changes.I got a virus last night which disables me to being able to

change the folder settings to view hidden files and also it disabled me from being able to set my computers restore.

I made quite a few changes on rosters and now i couldnt get into them to save so that i could format.Luckily i was able to go into safe mode and save them to my other harddrive.So now i know to save roster files ,controller settings etc just like i would for any mods i download.Im gonna get ready to format so probally be a couple hours or sometime tommorrow before i can get back in.Ty ill be sending u another email for a new code *lol*

Have you tried doing a system restore from safe mode?

ok formatted and now the fun part in reinstalling everything.Yeah i tried the restore thru safe mode and no go.I was just lucky that i was able to save my 2k10 ros files.Normally ill save everything but the last thing i expected was having to worry about not being able to access my hidden files so normally i dont save the ros files right away,Guess that will change now once im back up and running fully

ok formatted and now the fun part in reinstalling everything.Yeah i tried the restore thru safe mode and no go.I was just lucky that i was able to save my 2k10 ros files.Normally ill save everything but the last thing i expected was having to worry about not being able to access my hidden files so normally i dont save the ros files right away,Guess that will change now once im back up and running fully

Just a FYI-Instead of formatting your whole drive and having to reinsatll, macfee offers a service for $90.00 they remote in to your machine no matter what the virus has done and remove the virus files, no reformatting and machine works as new, I was victim of this and did not want to loose everything that was not backed up. I also did not have the time to redo everything, so I used them and PC was fine after this.

I wouldn't put too much faith in McAfee either, especially considering their recent escapades with svchost. The best measure is always prevention. A logical, educated, careful and sensible user who knows what they're doing will almost always be better than any automated anti-virus solution.

BTW, Don, didn't you just do a reinstall last week? :lol:

lol yeah i did mark,then got hit with this virus.I didnt even have everything reinstalled yet and now i have to go and do it all over again.Thought i had cleaned it when i got hit and didnt realize i had a problem until i went to view hidden files and had no options for the folders.Had me confused to what happened to the options until i did a search to find my problem.I couldnt even get regedit to even pop up.

If you're going to be changing much for a while after you reinstall, once you've got the install done with all the stuff you need, take an image of the drive with a program like Snapshot, and if you ever need to do it again, just back up your data, then restore the image from the program. Saves an incredible amount of time.

Archived