Baseup! Rosters Ver. 3.0

Gordo

Decided to do one last version for the year, but this will definitely be it. Dozens of batting re-ratings based on this year's performances if warranted (and if the player saw enough MLB time). Only one pack will be included with this go around, with separate stamina ratings for starters vs. relievers. More attention paid to pitchers' batting attributes with none above 30 for contact and power, unless they are proven good hitters. Should be out within the next few days.

Hopefully I'll be able to update portraits for prominent players soon after that.

Thanks for uploading this, daflyboys.

My pleasure..... btw, I was thinking to ask you..... although I never quite figured out how to do global tweaking with your rating generator, do you think there is a way (and maybe there already is) of how to do so for career batting stats? It doesn't matter to me since I don't really play exh. games offline, but maybe many people would like it. Again...not looking to cause more work, just wondered if your Excel magic was applicable.

Thanks man, big fan of your rosters, ill wait for it.

Sure thing bud..... probably even by tonight! :)

My pleasure..... btw, I was thinking to ask you..... although I never quite figured out how to do global tweaking with your rating generator, do you think there is a way (and maybe there already is) of how to do so for career batting stats? It doesn't matter to me since I don't really play exh. games offline, but maybe many people would like it. Again...not looking to cause more work, just wondered if your Excel magic was applicable.

In my pitching and defensive rating calculators, the formulas are based on rates, so there should be no problem entering career stats as you would enter a singular season's stats.

In the batting rating calculator, there's a box for number of seasons, so you can adjust accordingly.

Also, in the spreadsheet feature, there's a cell you can edit called "NumYears".

Compiling career stats automatically would take quite some time as there's not a definitive list with batter handiness and position, both of which are variables for various ratings' formulae.

Hope that makes sense.

Archived