Another Mvp Crash Cause? Dual Vs. Quad Core Use

Gordo

I was reading up on dual core vs. quad core in relation to some older games and I'm finding that it's possible that dumbing your PC down to 1 or 2 cores might be a solution to have it running better. This is total conjecture on my part as I have very limited knowledge about this. But.... MVP came out in 2005 which means it was developed in 2004. Multi-core technology didn't hit the streets until 2005. So it stands to reason that MVP might run better if you keep your system running at 1 or 2 cores, if you happen to run tri or quad-core, especially if you're running something later than Windows XP.

It's very easy to change the processors your PC is using and it shouldn't damage anything or make it run any hotter, unless you overtax it with running tons of applications at one time (that would be the reason to keep the quad core running instead).

Steps to change your processors utilized number:

• Click on your START button in the lower left corner of your tray
  • Type in the search window: msconfig
  • Wait a moment and an appelet box should pop up
  • Click on the Boot tab
  • Click on Advanced options
  • Tick ON the Number of processors box
  • Select 1 or 2.... whatever you want to try
  • Restart your PC

It could be that running with 2 processors and the compatibility options in place for MVP that it might help with the stability of the game. But don't hold me to it.

As far as compatibility, you access this by right clicking on your MVP shortcut, choose properties and select the following:

anzlt4.jpg

When I applied this to Tiger Woods 08 Golf, it seemed to do the trick in terms of my frame rate. Good luck.