Datafile Questions...

ALBIDNIS

Guys;

I have used the search feature extensively to answer a few questions I have regarding the Datafile. Some have been answered but somethings are still confusing and I would appreciate some help.

1. (Pitch Meter) During my search I have found MD's Datafile Spreadsheet and MD's Datafile (Great Datafile) and explanation on editing "34 AccuracyWidth". To extend the good pitching area within the pitch meter. In the explanation it states that I should see a value @ .60 (MLB 07) that can be raised all the way up to .120. The higher the easier.

Now I was able to uncompress MD's Datafile, but for the life of me I cannot find that value. I am sure it is right under my nose. If someone can provide a screenshot of this it would be great.

2. I have the MLB 07 Mod. It comes with it's own Datafile.big which as I have read holds the Datafile.txt file.

Here is my question. If I add a Datafile.txt to the Data folder will it overwrite the MLB 07 datafile. I believe it does I just want to verify.

My main objective here is to edit the Pitch Meter. I am not as good as some of you so I would like to have the ability to change the pitch meter.

Thanks in advance for any help any of you can provide, and keep up the great work.

This should help.

1. (Pitch Meter) During my search I have found MD's Datafile Spreadsheet and MD's Datafile (Great Datafile) and explanation on editing "34 AccuracyWidth". To extend the good pitching area within the pitch meter. In the explanation it states that I should see a value @ .60 (MLB 07) that can be raised all the way up to .120. The higher the easier.

Now I was able to uncompress MD's Datafile, but for the life of me I cannot find that value. I am sure it is right under my nose. If someone can provide a screenshot of this it would be great.

You want to look for the following line:

0x739c0a96 233<batterpitcher>

In my combo datafile: http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2023.html

I reduced the size of the size of the pitch meter to make it harder. Here were the settings I used:

34 accuracywidth changed from 0.120 to 0.060

40 linespeed changed from 0.750 to 2.00

50 badaccuracywidth changed from 0.15 to 0.00

141 perfectaccuracygreen changed from 255 to 127

143 Perfectaccuracyalpha changed from 255 to 127

144 perfectaccuracysize changed from 0.25 to 0.10

152 accuracygreen changed from 255 to 127

If you want to make the pitch meter easier (i.e. like the default pitch meter that came with the game, just reverse the settings above (i.e. change accuracy width from 0.060 to 0.120, linespeed from 0.750 to 2.00, etc.).

2. I have the MLB 07 Mod. It comes with it's own Datafile.big which as I have read holds the Datafile.txt file.

Here is my question. If I add a Datafile.txt to the Data folder will it overwrite the MLB 07 datafile. I believe it does I just want to verify.

Yes, that is correct. If the datafile.txt file is in the data folder, it will override that datafile that came with the MVP07 mod (which is embedded in data datafile datafile.big

My main objective here is to edit the Pitch Meter. I am not as good as some of you so I would like to have the ability to change the pitch meter.

Thanks in advance for any help any of you can provide, and keep up the great work.

Glad to help. Remember, all of us were beginners at one point. It was just through trial and error and asking questions that we improved.

Awesome help man. Just looked through the datafile and realized that each value was numbered after the "0x739c0a96 233<batterpitcher>". I just had to find number 34 and edit the value.

Thanks again for your quick and conscise help...

Just in case others are looking for it. It looks like this in the uncompressed datafile:

dfile.png

One last thing...

Would I need to change all for easier pitching:

34 accuracywidth changed from 0.120 to 0.060

40 linespeed changed from 0.750 to 2.00

50 badaccuracywidth changed from 0.15 to 0.00

141 perfectaccuracygreen changed from 255 to 127

143 Perfectaccuracyalpha changed from 255 to 127

144 perfectaccuracysize changed from 0.25 to 0.10

152 accuracygreen changed from 255 to 127

Or Just accuracywidh for more green...

• 11 months later...

My values was already changed to the higher for example

34 accuracywidth 0.120

Should I change the to the smaller values to get the large Pitching Meter? Or should I download a different Datafile, If so Which one?

***caution! noob question!***

I extracted the datafile.txt from datafile.big using EAGraph. I opt to decompress it, because when I don't, I can't read it in notepad. I open up datafile.txt, edit a couple of camera values, save it, head back into EAGraph to use import wizard. I have two options available, so I choose the first (add files to external TAR archive. I add the new datafile, finish the process, close out of EAGraph... and I can't even get past the intro screen... What's the deal? What am I doing wrong here? I searched the board and couldn't find an answer...

***caution! noob question!***

I extracted the datafile.txt from datafile.big using EAGraph. I opt to decompress it, because when I don't, I can't read it in notepad. I open up datafile.txt, edit a couple of camera values, save it, head back into EAGraph to use import wizard. I have two options available, so I choose the first (add files to external TAR archive. I add the new datafile, finish the process, close out of EAGraph... and I can't even get past the intro screen... What's the deal? What am I doing wrong here? I searched the board and couldn't find an answer...

You said that you decompressed the datafile.txt file after extracting it from datafile.big, however, you didn't say anything about compressing it again before you imported it back into datafile.big. Did you do that?

Also, just as an FYI, you could simply copy your modified datafile.txt (after compressing it) to your MVP Baseball 2005 data folder without having to import it back into datafile.big.

Any files in the data folder overwrite the versions in the datafile.big file. This allows you to tryout multiple datafiles without having to modify datafile.big. If you find that you want to go back to the default datafile, simply delete the one in your data folder and the default one in datafile.big will be used. In your case, however, you have corrupted the one in datafile.big, however, you might be able to recover it by compressing your datafile.txt file and reimporting it.

I seem to be having problems compressing my datafile. I'm using the DF compressor utility, and for some reason, it's not compressing the file. It says it's compressing, it gives me a temp file, but it does nothing to touch datafile.txt... This is so frustrating!

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome help man. Just looked through the datafile and realized that each value was numbered after the "0x739c0a96 233<batterpitcher>". I just had to find number 34 and edit the value.

Thanks again for your quick and conscise help...

Just in case others are looking for it. It looks like this in the uncompressed datafile:

dfile.png

I cannot find this line in it.

0x739c0a96 233<batterpitcher>

Do I need a certain font?

• 1 month later...

Which file -- datafile.txt? If so, this is what I do:

1. Uncompress the file using eazip --- eazip -u datafile.txt

2. Edit the file with a text editor (Notepad, Textpad, etc.)

3. Compress the file using eazip --- eazip -c datafile.txt

Archived